PDA

View Full Version : Good fold or bad?

El Dukie
01-18-2004, 02:20 PM
15-30. Relatively loose, not especially aggressive.

There's an EP and MP limper. SB raises. I'm in the BB, and find K /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB has been playing fairly tight (for this table, anyway), and I haven't seen him getting out of line with the few preflop raises he's made. I expect he'd raise here with AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AK, maybe TT or AQ. Since I'm a big dog to anything but JJ or TT (and even then, I'm a small dog, like a teacup poodle.), I fold like a little wuss.

Good or bad? KQo is one of those hands, like AJo, that I hate calling legitimate raises with, even in my BB....

Barry
01-18-2004, 02:32 PM
Based upon your description of the SB, your fold here is fine, especially when he raises after the limpers.

DiamondDave
01-18-2004, 02:36 PM
This isn't a steal-raise - he expects the limpers to call.

You will never be sure of where you stand - he has position and maybe shares one of your cards.

Kenshin
01-18-2004, 05:37 PM
I would find it difficult to muck in this position despite the read. If I hit top two pair or the straight, a legitimate raiser will probably pay me off. In essence, I am more than willing to risk an additional small bet on the off chance of winning a big pot. Do you disagree with my reasoning?

TaintedRogue
01-18-2004, 09:41 PM
I would call with 65suited for 9:1 on the flop, but would not try and compete with the SB with those cards. Not the way you describe him.