PDA

View Full Version : PL AKs problem

GrinningBuddha
01-18-2004, 02:20 PM
I'm dealt A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif UTG+2 in a .25/.50 PL game on Prima (don't laugh, I'm still learning PL).

I raise the pot of 2.25 and am called by a late position player. Flop comes down:

A /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hrm. I can think of better flops given the Ax hands people will call with. I'm focusing of being aggressive in these games one I get a bigger stack, and bet the pot of $7ish. LP calls. Ugh.

Turn K /images/graemlins/heart.gif

My hand improved, but what did he call me with? What do I bet here ($15 pot)?

Results in white:

<font color="white"> I bet the pot and he folded. I don't like the bet, but didn't want to show weakness either. Is there a better option for someone that has every chance of having called for the gutshot? </font>

crockpot
01-18-2004, 04:54 PM
how much money is on the table?

assuming it's a normal amount for a .25/.50 game, the best play is usually to bet and fold if you are raised. remember, if he bets, you will not have odds to call hoping to hit a full house anyway, but he could easily be betting a worse hand than yours. giving a free card is bad here, and it's really not that likely you're behind, even though he called your flop bet.

the key question is how much to bet. you want to make it big enough that you are giving a flush draw bad odds, but small enough taht you can easily get away from it if raised. $10-$15 is a good range, depending on how deep the money is.

GrinningBuddha
01-18-2004, 05:02 PM
My apologies, stack sizes should have been put in. I believe at that point I had about $66 and my opponent had $44 or so. So on the turn it would have been $59 and $37.

If I interpret your post properly, do you feel that someone with a worse hand will call down as opposed to raising a board like this, even at the microlimits? What about at larger limits, such as 2/4 PL? Fold to all but the most enthusiastic bluffers?