PDA

View Full Version : 6-12 Borgata, What the heck was I thinking?????

bunky9590
01-18-2004, 12:28 PM
I'll be posting a few hands from last night 6-12 Borgata game I was in.

Let me preface to say that this was the BEST 6-12 I've ever been in. Period.

Table contained= 2 weak tights, 4 calling stations, 1 drunk asain Scotty Nguyen wannabe (LAP), another LAP, 1 decent player (but was leaning toward weak tight, and your's truly. Perfect lineup.

Hero is on the button with 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif all limp to our hero, hero limps along, blinds complete and/or check. Family pot (yes family pot at 6-12) with 5 BB in pot.

Flop comes 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (oh boy)
SB bets, 3 callers, LP (LAP) raises, fold to hero, hero three bets, SB caps 2 callers, I call. 4 to the turn. 14.5 BB in pot

Turn 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Sb bets, BB calls, LP raises, I call, Sb three bets, BB calls, LP caps, I think for like 1 minute and finally call, SB calls, BB calls. 30.5 BB in pot

River 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif (thanks)
SB bets, BB calls, LP calls, I make the freaking crying call almost certain my hand is no good. (It wasn't)

SB shows 62o for the floped full house, BB shows the Queen high flush, LP shows the A high flush, I come in a distant 4th with trip deuces. (at least I was'nt drawing dead like the other two shmucks)

This loss stung, guy to my left (the SB in this hand, bought in for 200 and in 45 minutes was up to 900. What an unbeliveable rush.

I don't know if I could get away from this hand or not. I know I was drawing thin but the pot was so freaking HUGE. I had 6 outs on the river and whiffed.

Anybody let this hand go, (before the river?)
I'll post some better ones with results later, but for now I need your input on this.

Mike Gallo
01-18-2004, 12:40 PM
Bunky,

Nice seeing you last night. Don't you feel glad that you didnt get into my game. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

I do not know if I would have made the crying call on the river. With a coordinated board like that, and that many players I might have folded. However the pot does have a lot of money in it. Tough decision.

CrackerZack
01-18-2004, 01:09 PM
Not raising PF is an extremely bad mistake. You cost yourself probably 2 BBs of EV there.

Call on the river is the most crying of crying ever, but the pot is HUGE, so i'd make it and hope I'm good 1 hand in 300.

bunky9590
01-18-2004, 02:48 PM
Yeah, I had real tears and I closed the action, so good for him with the 62o.

That pot was monster.

Joe Tall
01-19-2004, 09:04 PM
The pot is too big to fold. There is no other way to do it, I think you you played it fine.

Peace,
Joe Tall

bunky9590
01-19-2004, 09:06 PM
see the crap I get myself into with that agressive image?
Serves me right. Paying off like a rigged slot machine.