PDA

View Full Version : Folding Great hands on Party

JKratzer
01-18-2004, 04:53 AM
My question, which is related to some recent posts; when is it correct to fold great, but not nut hands on Party NL $100?

Examples - Is it ever correct to fold KK preflop? Flop comes three suited (no Ace) and you have the Kx of the suit? Flop comes rainbow with no straight possibility (2,6,10) and you have bottom or middle set?

Assume for the sake of argument you don't have a read on the player against you in each hand. Also assume no significant pre-flop raising (minimum raise doesn't count).
Also assume you have at most 1 to 1.5 buy-ins.

I'd have trouble folding under these circumstances, but I feel a great player could and should fold in some of these scenarios. If you think folding is never correct, what changes would have to be made before you would fold?

crockpot
01-18-2004, 04:58 AM
on party, it would take either a raise and a big reraise from a player i respect, or three raises in front of me, to get me to muck KK. there are just too many clowns on there to fold to anything less, plus the money isn't that deep.

folding the king-high flush on the flop is a move i would never make with so little money on the table.

with so little money, i would virtually never flop a set unless i had bottom set and several players moved in on the flop ahead of me.

the key thing here is that party just doesn't let you buy in for enough to make it right to fold anything this good. that's one big reason why people here want them to allow it.

HajiShirazu
01-18-2004, 05:00 AM
I can't imagine folding in any of those situations ON PARTY, and where you only have a 50BB stack, without a read on the player. Too many times you're going to get called by JJ, too many times you're going to see an eight high flush, and too many times you're going to see bottom two, an overpair, AT, or some kind of crazy strange draw. I hope that Party never gets to the point where it would be correct to fold in these situations.
But if you have noticed that you are against a decent player...then you can lay some of these down.