PDA

View Full Version : Stud 8 starting hand question

Bluff1
01-18-2004, 03:48 AM
In loose non aggressive games is it correct to call, from any position, the bring in bet with hands like A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif if only one or no other dimonds are showing?

Andy B
01-21-2004, 09:05 PM
You'll get a better response in the Stud forum. I would play this hand for the bring-in if there weren't that many low hands out and I didn't fear a raise behind me.

Aragorn
01-29-2004, 10:34 PM
In a loose, non-aggressive game, you should ABSOLUTELY play this hand. You have a 3-card low, an ace in the hand so it could go high, and a shot at a flush. This hand has legitimate scoop possibilities.

But don't be hesitant to get out if you miss on 4th street.

One other HUGE factor is which card is up. If the 8 is up you have a much weaker hand, since the weakness of your low draw is showing. With the ace up you have the strongest hand.

Ray Zee
01-29-2004, 11:15 PM
you always check on the cards you need to improve to see if they are out. the low cards you need and your pair cards. this will be more of a deciding factor. but this is usually a good hand. even though you only have the eight for low you have many other ways to win. if you are facing strong betting from hands that look like they kill yours then get out.