PDA

View Full Version : My first 5000 hands...some disturbing stats

ScottTheFish
01-18-2004, 02:36 AM
Hi I know everyone hates stats posts, so forgive me /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway I just finished up my first 5000 hands at Party Micro (.5/1 and 1/2) , after doing some study and MUCH reading of these forums.

Please have a look at my stats and give me any general impressions of my game you can gather. Some of them surprised me.

Vol. Put $ In pot: 26.52% <--- seems high but on the way down over my last 2000 hands, more like 24 over that time.

Vol. Put $ form SB: 50.38% <--- Yikes, even in the passive games I play, that seems high...also on the way down lately.

Saw Flop All Hands: 32.51% <--- A little skewed due to getting MANY free BB plays in passive games.

Saw Flop Not in Blind: 23.54%

Won $ WSF: 31.55%

Went to Showdown: 34.59%

Won $ at SD: 53.86%

Raised Pre-flop: 8.39%

Based on these numbers, what would you guess my win/loss rate is?

Lori
01-18-2004, 02:50 AM
Won $ WSF: 31.55%

This number seems huge for the games you are playing,especially with the rather big Saw Flop All Hands: 32.51%

That first number is Win when seen flop right?

I'm going to guess that you have demolished the game over this period for something like +5 or 6 BB/hr.

Edit: I would not be surprised if it was even more, but I can't bring myself to guess any higher.

Lori

ScottTheFish
01-18-2004, 02:57 AM
Yes that's Won When seeing the flop. Is that really out of whack? I've seen several people say theirs was 30% or so.

Lori
01-18-2004, 03:02 AM
Yes that's Won When seeing the flop. Is that really out of whack? I've seen several people say theirs was 30% or so.

I don't have PT personally, but I believe 30 is very good AND you are seeing more flops than most, the combined effect of the two is surely a good thing.

These are the nuttiest games on the net, give or take one or two smaller places that seem to have nuttier games from time to time (Im not hiding any secrets, these games don't last) and to consistently see nearly 1/3rd of the flops and win 1/3rd of those coupled with some where you win with your raises has to have you in the 9-10% hands won range, a really good session (let alone 5k hands) is 8%, so I'd say you have to be winning lots.

Lori

HajiShirazu
01-18-2004, 04:23 AM
Good god, I'm guessing you have had a really extended run of premium hands, and they've been holding up. Those stats are insane. I would say you are playing too loose, but you're winning so many hands that you probably are just getting a bunch of big starters. You might still be playing too loose though.

ScottTheFish
01-18-2004, 04:29 AM
Hmm, well that's discouraging, I guess I'll sit back and wait to inevitably go broke when my luck runs out /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Honestly my starting hand frequencies are all +- 2-3% of what they should be, I just checked, so who knows. I tend to play pretty aggressive on the flop when I miss against the weak tighties and win a lot of small pots I don't "deserve", so I don't think I've hit as many flops or won nearly as much in terms of actual dollars as you guys seem to think I have.

Anyway I'm not defending my play or saying I haven't been somewhat lucky. Hopefully I'm improving my game fast enough before it catches up to me /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

BTW about 1/4 of these hands are on 6 max tables, so that probably throws off my win% and flop% as well.

ProfLupin
01-18-2004, 04:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Vol. Put $ In pot: 26.52% <--- seems high but on the way down over my last 2000 hands, more like 24 over that time.

Vol. Put $ form SB: 50.38% <--- Yikes, even in the passive games I play, that seems high...also on the way down lately.

[/ QUOTE ]

These two numbers should disturb you greatly unless:
1. You want to play party .5/1.00 forever
2. You don't mind some pretty big swings in your bank roll.

These are very very high numbers and you'd probably get eaten alive at higher stakes seeing 30% of your flops.
I'm a bit on the tight side preflop, but my Vol. Put $ In pot percentage is 15.61% for 2,000 hands.

Could you check your win rate in your small blind? I'm positive that this is a big leak for you if you are seeing half the flops from the SB. Your position is terrible for the rest of the hand. My vol.$% from the SB is 23.25 and I'm losing .03BB/hand from there.

You said these numbers are both down a lot recently and that's good. I think the most common problems in loose starting hand selection is not the hand, but the position. In the micro's you get to play more of your Axs and suited connectors because of all the limpers, but make sure you aren't playing them from MP2 just because 2 people limped in front of you. Most drawing hands are hard to play with players left to act behind you.

I'm guessing you are making a lot of money right now, but before you move up, I'd tighten the hatches a bit preflop. I'm guessing you won't win any less money when you do. I started making more when I tightened up from similar numbers as these.

elbooneb
01-18-2004, 04:48 AM
Here are mines after 1447 0.50$/1$ hands
I made 7.36BB/100 hands /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Vol. Put $ In pot: 20.94%
Vol. Put $ form SB: 67.30%
Saw Flop All Hands: where do u see this in poker tracker...
Won $ WSF: 18.99%
Went to Showdown: 20.37%
Won $ at SD: 67.42%
Raised Pre-flop: 2.21%

I haven`t recorded much yet but Your Went to Showdown %; 34.59% looks very high to me ( i might be wrong cuz your winning % at show is not bad..), i noticed that top pairs are not what is paying at that level...Somebody will often catch something better. And i think that you raised Pre-flop%:8.39% is way way too high for a 0.50$-1$ game (mine is very low i agree...but i`ll limp in often with good hands to trap opponents)/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

I can`t find this %preflop seen, anyone can help

cheers

Cheers

ScottTheFish
01-18-2004, 04:50 AM
Thanks Prof, as you suspected, (so did I when i saw the number) the SB is my biggest losing spot. For a while I'm gonna forget I have half a bet in and play like I'm UTG, where I play next to nothing outside of group 1.

The button is also a trouble spot, strangely. i suspect I play a few too many low suited connectors and one gappers here when the game is not passive enough to allow it, and/or I don't have enough limpers. Another leak to work on.

ProfLupin
01-18-2004, 04:59 AM
Nothing outside of group 1 would be too tight. I think a decent general rule to start out with would be to call if you don't mind the BB raising. If you would curse the BB for raising, then you probably want to fold.

More specifically, any pocket pair is good to complete with, groups 1-3 are definately good to complete with. Outside those, I'd be careful.

Good luck!

FredJones888
01-18-2004, 11:31 AM
I was about to mention if you were playing short handed, that really inflates your "total % flops seen" number.