PDA

View Full Version : Absolute Poker: Absolute idiotic!!

JayLeno
01-17-2004, 10:45 PM
Who is the superphantom-psychopathic-idiot that have made the software to this site?
The actionboxes is twisted like this: Check/fold is to the right, call is to the left and raise is in the middle.
At ANY/EVRY other netpokersite it is Fold-check-bet-raise from left to right.
How the fucg can they make such a gigantic mistake?
MORONS!!!!!!!! (Off course it made me raise 2 times when I would have called in stead)
Its like asking normal people to drive in the left side of the road).
Did they not check out the standard at other sites or are they just COMPLETE IDIOTS /images/graemlins/confused.gif?

Insp. Clue!So?
01-17-2004, 11:06 PM
Yeah, last time I was in London I noticed how so many people were driving on the wrong side. What were they thinking...I mean, some normal person might just up and smack right into them at any moment.

Fortunately in Australia and other places they do drive on the normal side, at least when viewed from here in the US.

You do realize, don't you, that if you actually did raise twice with cards that you desperately wanted to fold, you probably have a fantastic table image at this place. I'd seek to cultivate that, probably by trying it at their highest available limits. By the way, what is your favorite time to play there?

JayLeno
01-18-2004, 08:11 AM
Actually, one of the time I raised instead of calling on the turn and I won the pot, but it still sucks!
I have no favorite time - there is usually tables enough for me to play so I play there when it fits in my schedule.
But they wont get much action from me with that kind of software! It is dangerous to play there.....

daveymck
01-18-2004, 09:38 AM
No we drive on the right side its you that are on the wrong side.

When I was in the states I had a hire care from LA airport, was on a six lane road looking to turn left at the traffic lights, my instinct was to go as soon as the lights went to green, much screeching of tyres and waved fists later I learned my instict needed retraining. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

As an aside I thought the aussies drove on the left like us, most ex colonies of the UK tend to drive on the left eg south Africa, probably the reson you yanks drive on the right just the rebellion of it /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mackas
01-18-2004, 09:55 AM
I thought the aussies drove on the left as well. If not my in laws needn't go back there in a hurry cos they're probably wanted for traffic violations in several different territories.

As regards the position of the buttons, gievn that cards have no top or bottom you could always try turning your monitor upside down.

Cyndie
01-18-2004, 11:07 AM
Clever idea, but i believe the order is Check,Raise,Fold...upside down that would still be Fold,Raise,Check...

Lunamondo
01-18-2004, 11:30 AM
The fold button is at right at prima softwares also (instead of at left). It's easy to make few mistakes when getting used to it, like one might do when starting to play some other flop game and automated reactions from another flop game comes there. But it should at least from most part get reprogrammed so that one's mind will automatically check what game it is and where's the fold button; as a result of that all buttons are at the wrong places; or in my opinion wrong as when going forward it's more logical to have those at right and stuff like fold at left, though there are people who read from right to left, but that's not how the cards are dealt on the board (even though the action goes from right to left on the table), while the prima way is not from right to left but both.

Insp. Clue!So?
01-18-2004, 02:29 PM
"As an aside I thought the aussies drove on the left like us, most ex colonies of the UK tend to drive on the left eg south Africa, probably the reson you yanks drive on the right just the rebellion of it. "

Note that I said 'when viewed from here in the US'. Don't forget, they do everything upside down in that part of the world, poor devils. How do they keep their hats on, and their cards on the table, you have to wonder...

As for being rebs well yeah, we used to have that worthwhile streak but it's all been washed away by years of affluenza. Now we just all nod our heads and sing various salutes and ditties about our love of personal freedom while we stomp on our constitution, two boots at the time. All in the name of Truth, Justice and Niceness, of course.
If having to drive on the left side of the road means not having to believe 6 impossible things coming out of Washington before breakfast, I'd say your a durn sight better off for it.