PDA

View Full Version : Slow down at the right time?? Or could I have saved money on this hand

ProfLupin
01-17-2004, 05:36 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 (8 handed)
ProfLupin has K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and is MP1

UTG limps, ProfLupin raises, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG 3-bets, ProfLupin caps, BB calls, UTG calls

Flop(12 SB): A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif

BB checks, UTG bets, ProfLupin raises, BB folds, UTG 3-bets, ProfLupin caps, UTG calls

Turn(16 BB): 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG bets, ProfLupin raises, UTG 3-bets, ProfLupin calls

River(22 BB): 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG bets, ProfLupin calls

UTG had AA.

siccjay
01-17-2004, 08:27 PM
I don't see what you could do except for hope he had AK.

fluff
01-17-2004, 09:07 PM
Ah the infamous limp-reraise. Usually this certainly means AA or KK, but then again on Party 0.5/1 it could be a half drunken fish deciding he'd raise just because you did. Hard to say without a read on your opponent.

But let's move beyond PF: You capped PF, but he decided to bet into you on the flop again. You raised, but he didn't care and re-raised. You capped. Then he bet into you again on the turn. This is probably where I would've slowed down. Getting bet into twice after capping the previous round screams "I have the nuts".

But on the other hand, I've been told I play a bit on the weak-tight side. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lori
01-17-2004, 09:15 PM
Getting bet into twice after capping the previous round screams "I have the nuts".

The problem on Party .5/1 is that it is often just "I am nuts" /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Lori

Nutz&Boltz
01-18-2004, 03:45 AM
The only mistake was not capping the river. There are too many 2nd bet hands he could be betting with.

Trix
01-18-2004, 11:20 AM
Ill play it the same way. Nothing you can do, this flop vs that hand have to cost alot.

BugsBunny
01-18-2004, 12:41 PM
I had almost the same scenario the other day on (UB I think) 1/2. Only difference was I was earlier position - AA had the BT.

I played it about the same as you did and thought afterwords I should have check-called starting at the turn (where it actually went bet/raise/call)(I did check/call the river).
I was pretty sure at that point he had AA - but was hoping it was AK.