PDA

View Full Version : a couple other minor ub issues..

MicroBob
01-17-2004, 04:29 PM
1. the players are still pretty tight. another treading-water bonus situation. a little on the plus-side, but not worth my time. took a couple losing hands too far and that can make all the difference.

2, since installing ub on my new computer i get the pop-up window "you're winning cards were not shown because you have the option set not to show winning cards, blah blah blah".
this is really an irritating window to have to close when playing on multiple tables, especially when one of them is short-handed and you'll win several hands just by having it folded around. this window never appeared on my old computer. it's just annoying to have to click that stupid window everytime i win a hand just because i want it set to auto-muck.

3. i recently finished reading the deal on how to import the hands from ub into p-tracker. what a hassle. guess my p-tracker stats just won't include my latest ub run.

4. on the plus side, i do like the number of ub-points tourneys they run.

suggestions on the auto-muck thing are fine but i guess it's probably a moot point since i may not be playing there a whole bunch.

cjs
01-17-2004, 04:45 PM
I went to ub for the most recent bonus, having played once before there. I have actually enjoyed the site ( yes tighter than party ). The software is nice - especially the mini view for multiple tables. Also like the kill games which are not offered in alot of places.Have done well playing also /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Webster
01-17-2004, 04:47 PM
yea - it's tighter but still nice - I've made out ok. I'm using Tracker less and less as other sites get more fish then party now.

UB is a good place for checking and most people play the kill games wrong.

morgant
01-17-2004, 04:51 PM
i dont get that pop up anymore, i think there is a "click here to not show this in the future" option or something, i havent had the pop up in eons.

cjs
01-17-2004, 05:04 PM
Webster what is the correct way to play the kills. I play 1/2 kill but also alot of regular 2/4. I just treat the kills like a regular 2/4 game. Is there +EV play for the kills?

JohnShaft
01-17-2004, 05:31 PM
Most people play Kill games WAAAAAAAAY too loose on UB.
It's like the light suddenly goes on "It's a Kill game. I've got an Ace! RAISE!"

I play pretty tight in the Kill pots specifically because people overplay them so much. And I don't mean just preflop. Watch some of them stick in that raise with A8o and bet their Ace-Rag high down. Crazy.

If you don't end up with much of a hand many there will overplay there moderate (or worse hand). But when you really have a hand you can go to showdown with you can really get paid off against hands that just aren't good enough to be in at the River.

cjs
01-17-2004, 05:41 PM
Do you try and get a kill game when you are half way there? Or do fold prefold easier when you are half way there?

morgant
01-17-2004, 06:07 PM
i think you are asking if you should ram the pot in attempt to make it a kill, if you are playing 2/4 with a kill and are pushing mediocre hands to kill the pot, you are losing money, just go play 4/8 if you like those stakes. if the kill is 100$ and the pot is at 98$ to you on the button, check it unless betting will get you more action and create a pot that will be more than the kill plus bb.

rkiray
01-17-2004, 07:30 PM
The kill is based on winning two hands in a row (above a nominal minimum), not directly on pot size. And I do fold marginal hands when I have the 1/2 kill, say 88 in ep, or 89s also in ep.

cjs
01-17-2004, 11:14 PM
so you don't go out of your way to produce a kill game. If it happens it happens?

JohnShaft
01-17-2004, 11:27 PM
I'm with morgant.
You certainly don't push your next hand a little harder if you won the last one to get the next pot Killed.
In fact you should be doing the opposite slighty simply because you will be the one having to put the Kill blind in with a random hand.

I don't mean play wimpy to not get the next pot Killed. But I do mean factor in you'll be losing one BB by winning it. Hopefully you'll get the advantage of a free flop for your random hand.

jaybird
01-17-2004, 11:30 PM
I completely agree that UB is WAY tigher that Party. And the method for getting hand histories is a joke!

They say you are only permitted to request 200 hands a day. In some days I can play 4 times that!

This limitation means that I only play on there to work off a bonus. Im sure they would see an increase in players if they developed an automated method of getting hand histories.

csuf_gambler
01-17-2004, 11:55 PM
ub is truly the god of all poker sites. there are no issues

morgant
01-20-2004, 01:27 AM
yes the kill at ub is based on this, there are several different criteria at different poker venues, i was just picking an arbitrary kill structure, the way to play it is still the same.