PDA

View Full Version : A little foul language on this one.

slavic
01-17-2004, 07:03 AM
Muck 10/20 normally 3 to 5 to a flop for 2 bets. 3 calling stations, any two to any river at any price. For the most part they just push around their collective chips in a circular patern about the table.

I'm in the BB with 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

4 players limp to LMP who raises (he raises good hands, and bets made hands, calls otherwise), CO calls, Button calls, SB calls 3 chips, and with a family pot forming I call.

9 to the flop (17.1 SB after rake)

J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Checks to LMP who bets (large pair or AJ maybe a set but not as likely), CO and Button call, SB calls, I call, we lose the UTG and the rest of the field calls.

Turn 8 Players 12 1/2 BB

T /images/graemlins/spade.gif

checks to LMP who bets, CO calls and Button pops it up (Button is a straight forward player who pushes his good hands without really thinking about the board), SB folds, I 3 bet, folds back around to LMP who calls 2 more bets all-in,CO folds, Button calls.

22 1/2 BB
River: T /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I check planning to make a crying call

chesspain
01-17-2004, 09:34 AM
Looks good to me on all streets. Your plan to checkcall the river makes sense if you assume that the button likely had at least two-pair on the turn, with JT or T9.

P.S. I assume that since no one capped the turn that you assumed that no one had KQ for the higher str8?

bunky9590
01-17-2004, 12:00 PM
Value bet the river. There going to have to show me the boat.

slavic
01-17-2004, 12:37 PM
When the co mucked he mucked Q9o it hit the table and flipped over.

Al_Capone_Junior
01-17-2004, 01:45 PM
You're drawing to a gutshot to the butt-end with a flush draw on board. true you were getting a slight overlay, but I would have a hard time resisting the hand chunking movement towards the muck anyway.

Crying, yea I can see that happening here.

al

bernie
01-17-2004, 02:22 PM
id fold the flop

b

slavic
01-18-2004, 04:22 AM
OK nobody likes the play I can live with it.

Button had J9o for two pair counterfitted by LMP's Kings. My hand is good.

When I saw the other 9 on the fouled muck and with the T pairing I thought odds were about even on the button filling up and I couldn't value bet the river.

When I saw the Q mucked I thought I had scored quite well on the turn.

Yerma
01-18-2004, 09:10 AM
And what kind of pot odds do you need before you make this call? His effective odds are "normally" almost 40:1.

SoBeDude
01-18-2004, 09:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
id fold the flop

b

[/ QUOTE ]

If I counted correctly, 7 players saw the flop for 2 bets each. thats 14bbs. its 1 sb back to him on the flop, so he's easily getting odds to call if he makes his str8, plus an overlay. plus implied odds.

Easy call.

Its the preflop call I'm trying to make less often these days. It's a very high varience play.

-Scott

bernie
01-18-2004, 03:36 PM
you're right...

i missed the raise preflop. i thought the pot was smaller. i guess that's why he put in the 'sb' count in that i skipped over too fast.

b

slavic
01-18-2004, 03:51 PM
P.S. I assume that since no one capped the turn that you assumed that no one had KQ for the higher str8?

Yes I was going to check call to a cap, lead on a non pair card. With those that remained I had no reason to fear the flush. If the button has 2 pair he can't have a flush and since I put LMP on high pockets no fear there.