PDA

View Full Version : New guy back into the fray question on hand

RustedCorpse
01-17-2004, 02:51 AM
So after losing 300 in small increments in 3-6 on paradise and listening to the replies here I decided to try again. I've taken my bankroll of 50 dollars to the .50-1.00 tables at paradise with the intent of slowly building a bankroll.

Anyway after the first night I'm reviewing my hand histories and I encountered this one, if you guys wouldn't mind putting in some comments? Thanks

.50-1.00 Paradise Poker
I'm right before the blinds
Table is loose and aggressive preflop but afterward no one really bets

I'm dealt: 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG:Raises
Two more callers when it comes to me.
I call
SB calls
BB calls

Flop 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB checks
UTG: Bets
EP folds
MP1 calls
I call
SB: folds
BB: calls

4 see turn
Turn: 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
BB: Bets
UTG:Calls
EP: Folds
I raise
BB calls
UTG calls

3 see river
River 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
checked to me
I bet
BB calls
UTG: Calls

I take pot
UTG shows K /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB: 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

OK MY questions:

3. Was it right calling in late position with high suited connectors with that many callers? Knowing that I would fold without at least four to the flush/striaght draws.

2.Should I have raised on the flop? I didn't think I should just because of the probability of overcards falling...

Any other comments welcome thanks...

Rusted

Sidenote: In case anyone was wondering after 10 hours of play I'm up a whole 12 dollars... whoo hooo

CrackerZack
01-17-2004, 03:55 AM
Fold PF, raise on the flop. rest is good.

You need to get in cheaply and hit the flop with these hands, after the raise, you're not getting in cheap, fold.

GuyOnTilt
01-17-2004, 08:22 AM
3. Was it right calling in late position with high suited connectors with that many callers? Knowing that I would fold without at least four to the flush/striaght draws.

No, this was a bad cold-call. You need a couple more cold-callers before you to make this one. Muck this preflop.

2.Should I have raised on the flop? I didn't think I should just because of the probability of overcards falling...

That's exactly why you want to raise on the flop. You want to drive out the rest of the field to give yourself more blanks on the turn when you are in the lead here. Your goal is to limit the field when you have a vulnerable hand.

GoT

RustedCorpse
01-17-2004, 09:38 AM
If it was a single bet to me it would be ok to call suited connectors like the ones above right?

Mike Gallo
01-17-2004, 03:00 PM
Rusty,

You have the button . Preflop, not too bad. I would not call however that doesnt make it correct to fold. UTG has loose raising standards, two players call in between you close action (do not have to fear a reraise)since you do think the blinds will call also you call.

I do not think I would have raised the flop.

I would have raised on the turn, good job.

River fine.

To answer your questions, preflop I would fold. However that doesnt make your play wrong. I would not raise the flop. I do not want to face a reraise.