PDA

View Full Version : 36 BB pot!

Ric
01-16-2004, 11:25 PM
I am in a good mood right now, and here's why. You can critique my play if you like, but I'm posting this hand for the 'biggest pot (in terms of BB) award' for limit games.

A note: LP in this hand was raising some interesting hands like 2nd pair good kicker, so I didn't give him much credit.

Party .50/1 10 handed
Dealt 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in MP2
EVERYONE limps, SB completes, BB checks
Flop: 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif (I say 'perfect!' to my roommate)
2 check, UTG bets, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, I raise, MP3 folds, LP raises, CO folds, button cold-calls 3, SB folds, BB cold-calls 3, UTG calls, I call (probably should have capped)
Turn: 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, I bet, LP raises, button calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, I raise, LP caps (I'm thinking now, does he have 55 or J5? or even the crazy 34?), ALL call (33 BB in pot)
River: Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif (right now I'm thinking I'm probably beat, but the pot is so big I'll call a bet or two)
Checked to button who bets, LP and I call (I should probably have check-raised)

Results: <font color="white"> MHIG. LP had J5, a better hand that I would have given him credit for, and button had the nut flush draw. This pot doubled me up, as you can see in my signature. </font>

This was the first time I've ever seen Party take out $1 in rake from a .50/1 game, but I guess it was warranted, less than 3%. After that hand we were talking about it for a while, then all of a sudden everyone left. Good for me.

thirddan
01-16-2004, 11:51 PM
wow, nice pot...

Cap the flop and bet out on river as the Q didn't complete any draws

JDErickson
01-17-2004, 12:04 AM
Hand me and another 2+2er participated in tonight.Other 2+2er had AQc and was MP3. I think he made a good call here.

Party Poker 1/2 (10 handed)
Hero has J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif and is EP2

EP1 limps, MP2 raises, MP3 3-bets, CO calls, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls, EP1 folds, MP2 caps, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls

Flop(25 SB): 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB checks, UTG checks, MP2 bets, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button raises, BB calls, UTG 3-bets, MP2 caps, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls

Turn(23 BB): 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB checks, UTG checks, MP2 bets, MP3 folds, Button calls, BB calls, UTG raises, MP2 3-bets, Button calls, BB folds, UTG calls

River(33 BB): 4/images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG checks, MP2 bets, Button folds, UTG raises, MP2 3-bets, UTG caps, MP2 calls

$81 pot

csuf_gambler
01-17-2004, 01:02 AM
nice, sounds like this pot i had, i got the same great feeling. biggest pot ever for me in a .5/1 game. this one hand brought me from being down 14$ to up over 20$

Hand #769275-4162 at Rivonia ($.50/$1 Hold'em Kill)
Powered by UltimateBet
Started at 02/Jan/04 19:30:03

Hansi is at seat 0 with $37.50.
bonehead88 is at seat 1 with $67.90.
MTL EXPOS is at seat 2 with $30.65.
BJamin1 is at seat 3 with $74.45.
goldboyd is at seat 4 with $23.85.
gardiner guys is at seat 5 with $30.05.
J Butcher is at seat 6 with $61.10.
MARWEEN55 is at seat 7 with $21.70.
mirko_crocop is at seat 8 with $36.45.
takedown is at seat 9 with $14.70.
The button is at seat 7.
The full kill button is at seat 6.
*** This is a kill game. ***

mirko_crocop posts the small blind of $.25.
takedown posts the big blind of $.50.
J Butcher posts the kill blind of $1.

Hansi: -- --
bonehead88: -- --
MTL EXPOS: -- --
BJamin1: -- --
goldboyd: -- --
gardiner guys: -- --
J Butcher: -- --
MARWEEN55: -- --
mirko_crocop: K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
takedown: -- --

Pre-flop:

Hansi calls. bonehead88 folds. MTL EXPOS calls.
BJamin1 calls. goldboyd folds. gardiner guys calls.
J Butcher checks. MARWEEN55 calls. mirko_crocop
raises to $2. takedown calls. Hansi calls. MTL
EXPOS calls. BJamin1 calls. gardiner guys calls.
J Butcher folds. MARWEEN55 calls.

Flop (board: A /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif):

mirko_crocop bets $1. takedown calls. Hansi folds.
MTL EXPOS calls. BJamin1 folds. gardiner guys
calls. MARWEEN55 calls.

Turn (board: A /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif):

mirko_crocop bets $2. takedown calls. MTL EXPOS
calls. gardiner guys calls. MARWEEN55 calls.

River (board: A /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif):

mirko_crocop bets $2. takedown calls. MTL EXPOS
folds. gardiner guys folds. MARWEEN55 calls.

Showdown:

mirko_crocop shows K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
mirko_crocop has Kd Ad Ac Ks 6s: two pair, aces and kings.
takedown mucks cards.
(takedown has Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif.)
MARWEEN55 mucks cards.
(MARWEEN55 has 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.)

Hand #769275-4162 Summary:

$1 is raked from a pot of $36.
mirko_crocop wins $35 with two pair, aces and kings.

Uppercut
01-17-2004, 01:43 AM
I was on a microlimit Party table tonight in which several players were 4 betting every street. The craziest hand (one in which I did not play) ended up being worth 51BB. That is the largest hand I have ever witnessed.

GuyOnTilt
01-17-2004, 08:37 AM
You should cap the flop. Why did you stop-n-go the flop/turn? What was your thought process? Also, why do you think you should check-raise the river after that turn action?

Anyways, I have you beat by one BB in terms of biggest pot. I won a 37 BB pot minus $3 in rake at one of my 15/30's at Empire a couple months back. Funny thing is, I remember exactly how much it was, but I have no clue what hand I had...

GoT

bdk3clash
01-17-2004, 09:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
mirko_crocop: K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Great screen name--nice to see a fellow poker playing MMA fan!

For those that don't know, Mirko "Cro-Cop" Filipovic is a kickboxer who competes in mixed martial arts events (like the Ultimate Fighting Championship) in Japan.

PS-He got owned by Nogueira! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Ric
01-17-2004, 12:09 PM
I think my mind alternates between 'Don't invest too much money into this pot!' and 'Get every bet you can!' sometimes during hands I play. I think it is partially due to the fact that I'm very short-stacked in terms of bankroll, which should be fixed once I can move my money to Pacific to play .10/.20 or .25/.50, I think I'll be able to make more rational decisions.

I don't think the button would have raised the river, so a check-raise would have been the best way to go about getting more in the pot. I think he was actually trying a steal.

bisonbison
01-17-2004, 02:36 PM
I was the other 2+2er in the hand. Anyone wanna comment on calling the flop cap with overcards and the possibility of a runner runner flush or straight? The table was a little maniacal, but I did not like calling twice on the flop.