PDA

View Full Version : I see this live also

slavic
01-16-2004, 07:01 PM
EP1 is a tad loose and a bit too aggressive. He would raise anything that had me dominated so I decided to take a flyer on the hand. The BB is a calling stations calling station. He made the nut flush and just called my TPTK earlier. He sees 70% of hands.

Party Poker 5/10 (10 handed)
slavic has A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and is MP3

EP1 limps, slavic limps, Button folds, SB folds, BB checks

Flop(3 2/5 SB): 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB checks, EP1 checks, slavic bets, BB calls, EP1 calls

Turn(3 1/5 BB): 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB checks, EP1 bets, slavic raises, BB folds, EP1 calls

Joe Tall
01-17-2004, 04:45 AM
I don't like the limp. Raise to get heads up or muck.

If you think you can take it down on the turn, then I like the play. Other than that I don't like it either.

Peace,
Joe Tall

crockpot
01-17-2004, 06:09 AM
i greatly prefer a raise to a limp preflop. from your description of EP, your postflop play looks fine.

slavic
01-17-2004, 06:38 AM
I didn't want to put the river card up because it made the hand to easy.

River was an Ace

The other hand was 88

GuyOnTilt
01-17-2004, 08:17 AM
I don't like the limp. Raise to get heads up or muck.

If you think you can take it down on the turn, then I like the play. Other than that I don't like it either.

I agree with 100% with both of Joe's comments.

GoT

chesspain
01-17-2004, 09:16 AM
Slavic,

You seemed so focused preflop on how well your hand might play against EP1 that you allowed youself to limp with a hand that could easily be dominated by anyone still left to act after you. As others have said, this is a raise or fold, although I would usually fold this.

MRBAA
01-17-2004, 12:05 PM
This seems so obviously to be a raise or fold situation preflop, since your goal is to get head up with a player who limps with weak hands early. Was the game very tight, so you knew the players behind you would fold for one bet anyway unless they had a hand that beat you? Even then, you might have a chance to get a supertight player to fold something like A-10 or A-J by raising. And why let the BB in -- or would he call anyway (you did say he was a calling station). This is a question I still struggle with though. For example, let's say your limp let in a hand like Q-10s who would have folded. Do you gain or lose value from that? On the one hand, it's another bet from a player who doesn't have your hand in trouble. But on the other, it's another player in with a shot to hit the flop.