PDA

View Full Version : Miracle card on the turn, but how bad was my flop call?

bdk3clash
01-16-2004, 06:28 PM
I was originally going to post this hand and pretend I was the CO or MP2 and that EP2 was "an anonymous 2+2er with many leaks in his postflop game."

But then I started getting confused, so here's the hand as it happened. (Nevertheless, the description is accurate.)

The table was typically loose-passive. Not much of a read on MP2, as he had just recently sat down and I have no notes/known hands against him. The CO is loose, but not very loose, and very passive preflop.

Questions:

-How bad is my flop cold-call?
-How was my play on the other streets?
-What did the CO have?

Party Poker 1/2 (10 handed)
bdk3clash has 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif and is EP2

UTG limps, EP1 limps, bdk3clash limps, MP1 limps, MP2 raises, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, EP1 calls, bdk3clash calls, MP1 calls

Flop(15 SB): 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, UTG checks, EP1 checks, bdk3clash checks, MP1 checks, MP2 bets, CO raises, SB folds, UTG folds, EP1 calls, bdk3clash calls, MP1 folds, MP2 3-bets, CO calls, EP1 calls, bdk3clash calls

Turn(13 1/2 BB): 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

EP1 checks, bdk3clash checks, MP2 bets, CO calls, EP1 calls, bdk3clash raises, MP2 calls, CO calls, EP1 calls

River(21 1/2 BB): 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif

EP1 checks, bdk3clash bets, MP2 calls, CO raises, EP1 folds, bdk3clash 3-bets, MP2 folds, CO calls

Results below in white:

<font color="white">Unsurprisingly, CO did not call the 3-bet with 55, and my hand was g00t. He had 8d8c. Good thing I didn't pick up an OESD on the turn with an 8.

PS-What a great river card!</font>

Ric
01-16-2004, 07:33 PM
Great pot to catch a 2-outer! I would have been reluctant to fold this for 2, but MP2 shows so much strength I'd have to put him on a big pair, or possibly 2 big hearts. That, and all the action you'd have to think that you're behind. However, since you're getting 10-1 on your call and have an overpair + backdoor straight draw, I *think* you're getting the right odds to call, with implied odds and all. Calling the 3rd bet is a no-brainer because you're now getting something like 26-1 and closing the action. I won't count the backdoor flush possibility because I'm pretty sure someone would have a higher heart.

Good play on the turn, I don't think that MP2 would have raised you with the 3rd straight card coming out so checkraising got the most in. Same with the river, you bet at every opportunity to extract the most with the 2nd nuts. Now you need to tell me how I can catch this type of hand and we're set /images/graemlins/grin.gif.