PDA

View Full Version : Garbage in the BB... were these calls ok?

cjx
01-16-2004, 03:18 PM
Party Poker 2/4 (10 handed)
cjx has Kd, 7s and is in the Big Blind

UTG limps, UTG+1 limps, MP limps, Button limps, SB limps, cjx checks

Flop(6 SB): 7d, 5s, Jd

SB checks, cjx checks, UTG bets, UTG+1 calls, MP calls, Button calls, SB calls, cjx calls

I was more or less happy to check and fold here as I know I wasn't going to scare too many away and I wasn't gonna take my 7 to war against a flush draw and possible Jack. But, since I was closing the action and EVERYONE called I felt calling with the backdoor King high flush or of course the two pair to trips which I felt would be the winner.

Turn(6 BB): 2d

SB checks, cjx checks, UTG bets, UTG+1 calls, MP folds, Button folds, SB folds, cjx calls

Alright, I picked up the flush draw and still have my two pair set draw because I really expected anyone who might have just made thier flush to come to life. I once again get to close the action so I felt comfortable calling, perhaps I should have bet out? I think I'm happy enough to get to the river as cheap as possible with as many others as possible so check and call.

River(9 BB): Ks

cjx checks, UTG bets, UTG+1 folds, cjx calls

Great I hit my King, surprised I didn't bet out here (could have sworn I did in my memory heh) ... Maybe I was worried that the original bettor never slowed down vs the flush board.

So, ... comments?

Highlight for results below:

<font color="white">cjx shows K7 for two pairs KK77J

UTG shows KJ for two pairs KKJJ7 and takes it down. </font>

cjx

J.R.
01-16-2004, 04:58 PM
Flop: One the flop you were getting 11-1 with 5 nonflush outs to 2 two pair or trips plus a backdoor 2nd nut flush draw (worth 1-1.5 outs). You you had about a 6 outer, which you need about 7-1 to draw to. Yes, you can get re-drawn on and you K outs may not always be good, but you have a nice overlay here and have the big bet streets comming up, so you have some implied odds.

Turn: Obvious call, but betting may help you better ascertain how clean your 2 pair and trip outs are and may fold a J scared of the flush in the odd instance you are ahead here.

River: Given your turn check-call I would probably check-call here as well and hope UTG+1 calls. I don't think you want to raise here and leading may scare UTG+1 from overcalling (which didn't happen anyway).