PDA

View Full Version : pair of tens in the SB...this one didn't go as planned

ProfLupin
01-16-2004, 01:28 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 (10 handed)
ProfLupin has T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif and is SB

EP1 limps, MP1 limps, CO limps, Button raises, ProfLupin 3-bets, BB folds, EP1 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls, Button calls
I was really hoping to get more to fold here...I forgot this was micro. I can't fold the tens here because if I simply call, enough of the limpers will call behind to give me odds to spike my set. So is the raise good? or do I semi-cold call?

Flop(16 SB): 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

ProfLupin bets, EP1 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls, Button calls

Turn(18 BB): 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif

ProfLupin checks, EP1 checks, MP1 bets, CO calls, Button calls, ProfLupin raises, EP1 folds, MP1 calls, CO calls, Button folds
I'm pretty sure my hand is the best here. I put MP1 on probably a 9 with a high kicker, but I was also worried about something like 98s.

River(26 BB): 5/images/graemlins/club.gif
ouch! call-down mode engaged.
ProfLupin checks, MP1 bets, CO calls, ProfLupin calls

ProfLupin
01-16-2004, 05:50 PM

HajiShirazu
01-16-2004, 07:06 PM
I guess I would 3-bet, because I usually have the best hand and maybe you might induce a couple folds, but god, pocket tens in the worst position, I hate playing a big pot with them. Heck, you don't even know if you have the best hand as it is, and it's awful if overcards flop. Still 3-betting is the right move. Even if they don't fold, you tried. /images/graemlins/grin.gif
That turn checkraise is a strong move, although I'm not sure if anybody will bet for you. I guess it worked out this time.
That 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif is not a very good card for you. Hope you enjoyed the shock of the fireworks. But I doubt it.

ProfLupin
01-17-2004, 02:49 PM
MP1 turns over 98s for the rivered straight. I was bummed about losing on the river, but really happy about my read of his hand.
CO had AJo so my hand was indeed the best on the turn when I made my check/raise.