PDA

View Full Version : I make bad plays (hand history)

BaronVonCP
01-16-2004, 01:22 PM
Pretty typical loose sorta passive game. There has been several loose raises preflop, but people seem to not go crazy postflop.

There is a MP poster.

I have A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif and am UTG. I raise. (ok right?)

poster calls, LMP coldcalls, SB calls, and BB raises(yuck).
This raise leaves the BB with $3 left.

All call.

Flop is 8 /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

It checks around.

Turn is 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB Bets all in for $3, I raise to $7, MP and LP call.

River and results later.

BaronVonCP
01-16-2004, 01:27 PM

rkiray
01-16-2004, 04:28 PM
Raising UTG is my normal play, but I'm starting to experiment with just calling with AQo in many of the loose, very passive games I've been seeing lately. If it's a bunch of calling stations who call 2 way too much, I'm not sure if the extra chips are worth it or not.

Why did you raise the turn?

balkii
01-16-2004, 04:38 PM
I think he raised the turn to get it heads-up with the all-in guy. BBs preflop raise doesnt mean much seeing how low he is on chips. People with that short of a stack will raise PF with just about anything, especially any A. AQ figures to be a favorite over most hands, and MP and LP dont look like they have anything, so a raise should knock them out.

I think its a good play.

and I raise AQo UTG too, for the record.

BaronVonCP
01-17-2004, 05:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think he raised the turn to get it heads-up with the all-in guy. BBs preflop raise doesnt mean much seeing how low he is on chips. People with that short of a stack will raise PF with just about anything, especially any A. AQ figures to be a favorite over most hands, and MP and LP dont look like they have anything, so a raise should knock them out.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my exact thinking, but when both players cold called I felt like an idiot.

Anyways. River was the 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, a horrible card, and it gets checked around.

BB shows A /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif, and we chop the pot.

What the heck did they cold call with?

BaronVonCP
01-17-2004, 05:15 AM
I thought about it and the best I could come up with was J9.
Sorta makes sense.

looked at the bottom of the hand history and first cold caller had J /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, and the other had J /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

bicyclekick
01-17-2004, 05:41 AM
AQo no, i don't raise UTG, AQs yes, i raise utg.

balkii
01-17-2004, 05:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
AQo no, i don't raise UTG, AQs yes, i raise utg.

[/ QUOTE ]

so do you limp with it then? or fold?