PDA

View Full Version : Vanderjagt

Nate tha' Great
01-16-2004, 12:09 PM
Loose Party $5/$10 6-Max.

Button in his hand is loose but seems to be of sound mind. Same for MP.

CO, on the other hand, is a full-on LAG idiot, with very poor preflop standards, and capable of playing and misplaying his hands in a variety of ways.

I'm dealt A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the BB.

MP limps, CO limps, Button raises, I call, as do MP and CO.

I'll admit that I might be defending too much in the BB. I don't think that MP and CO would limp with a stronger ace than mine - they might with a weaker, suited one - so I'll take the chance that Button doesn't have me covered if an ace flops. After all, you never know what people will raise with 'round these parts.

Flop comes T /images/graemlins/club.gif A /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif. There's my ace. Checked around to the Button who bets, I (check)-raise, MP calls two cold, Button calls.

I think the Button would 3-bet if he had an ace because of the draw potential on that board. My guess is that he did have a legitimate raising hand - either QQ or KK - and is hanging around with his various outs. He could also be slowplaying a monster.

But the check-raise was meant to narrow the field, I've represented a strong hand, and I'm worried that MP came along. Best guess is that he has an open-ended straight draw. But he's a moron, and could have almost anything.

Turn is a blank, 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif. I bet, they both call. I'm beginning to think that I really might be ahead here.

River is blank, 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. I bet, they both call.

Results in white below.

<font color="white">Button had black kings.
MP has Ad9d and scoops the pot.</font>

Joe Tall
01-16-2004, 12:13 PM
Fold this cheese preflop! Why the would you want to play Ace-rag out of position w/a button that is even somewhat respectable or better?

Peace,
Joe Tall

Barry
01-16-2004, 12:13 PM
Button is "of sound mind..." and raises after 2 limpers.

You are dominated or have 3 outs, fold this PF.

Homer
01-16-2004, 12:17 PM
Hehe...idiot kicker. Funny.

Joe Tall
01-16-2004, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hehe...idiot kicker.

[/ QUOTE ]

He may have shot his mouth off but Vandy is the best kicker.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Nate tha' Great
01-16-2004, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold this cheese preflop! Why the would you want to play Ace-rag out of position w/a button that is even somewhat respectable or better?

[/ QUOTE ]

I shouldn't have. I'll defend with this hand heads up against an opener from the Button or SB, and sometimes 3-bet with it. But I should have given more credit to a raise that came after two limpers, and this is a tough hand to play in a raised pot.

Homer
01-16-2004, 12:40 PM
I wasn't calling Vanderjagt an idiot kicker. I was saying it was funny that Nate chose that Subject line because he lost this hand due to having an idiot kicker.

-- Homer