PDA

View Full Version : UB sit n go's

MontyBurns
01-16-2004, 12:08 PM
So I open an account at UB and try to play a $10 SNG. Looking, looking, none available. There were maybe 4 10 seat tables going. Ok, I'll try later, play some ring games for about 30 mins, keep checking back on the SNG's, still nothing. Anyway, it's bedtime and I check one more time and one table appears, it fills up instantly. Am I missing something? Shouldn't there be more tables at a site this big? Am I looking in the wrong place? Is there a waiting list? What's the deal?

csuf_gambler
01-16-2004, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So I open an account at UB and try to play a $10 SNG. Looking, looking, none available. There were maybe 4 10 seat tables going. Ok, I'll try later, play some ring games for about 30 mins, keep checking back on the SNG's, still nothing. Anyway, it's bedtime and I check one more time and one table appears, it fills up instantly. Am I missing something? Shouldn't there be more tables at a site this big? Am I looking in the wrong place? Is there a waiting list? What's the deal?

[/ QUOTE ]

im looking right now and theres 4 10$ 10 seat SnG's that are waiting

MontyBurns
01-16-2004, 01:12 PM
I guess a better question would be, at peak hours(say after 8pm est) how long do you generally have to wait for a $10 SNG to open up? I'm used to PP where new tables are coming open almost continuously

Lori
01-16-2004, 04:26 PM
The situation you describe does happen occasionally, but then several often appear at once.

There is some gremlin running around in the system, clearly put there by the online poker Aliens that like to cause us grief, that sometimes does this.

Normally you don't have to wait any great time at all (2 mins or less) but when the Aliens are a little bored, the 15-20 minute wait can happen.

Be sure to keep refreshing the sng lobby (go to another lobby and go back) when this occurs.

Lori

LetsRock
01-16-2004, 04:37 PM
I notice the same thing sometimes. I get the impression that they have a set number of tables (say 4 or 5) for each SnG game. The tables seem to become available as another table breaks up.

Sometimes there'll be 2 or 3 tables for any given level available and other times there's nothing available for what you're looking for.

Seems a bit odd (is it really that difficult to always have a table avaiable for every offering?) but that's what I've deduced is going on.

MontyBurns
01-16-2004, 04:43 PM
Ok, thanks for the info!

Lori
01-16-2004, 05:10 PM
The tables seem to become available as another table breaks up.

I always felt this might be the case, but could never quite get proof.
There seem to be more maximum tables running at some times than others, which is even stranger.

Lori