PDA

View Full Version : Sudden Reversal

Schneids
01-15-2004, 10:30 PM
Hey all, most of this hand is pretty self-explanatory. However, I am wondering what you all think of Hero coming out betting on the river:

Party Poker 1/2 (6 handed)
Hero has A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and is SB

UTG limps, MP1 limps, CO limps, Button limps, Hero limps, BB checks

Flop(6 SB): A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero bets, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 calls, CO folds, Button raises, Hero calls, UTG folds, MP1 calls

Turn(6 1/2 BB): 6/images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero checks, MP1 checks, Button bets, Hero raises, MP1 calls, Button 3-bets, Hero calls, MP1 calls

River(15 1/2 BB): 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero bets, MP1 folds, Button raises, Hero 3-bets, Button caps, Hero calls

Brian
01-15-2004, 11:14 PM
Hi Schneids,

What do you put the Button on when he raises the Flop? You're getting 11:1 immediate odds on your call of his raise, but you are likely drawing to 3 outs or runner-runner, unless he is the type to raise a bettor and 2 callers without a decent Ace or A5/A2.

-Brian

Schneids
01-16-2004, 12:03 AM
The raiser was in his first rotation at the table, so, to be honest, I really was not sure what I put him on. However, I figured with the odds the pot was laying me, I could see one more card and see if it was a diamond, 6, or even a card to help me towards a runner-runner straight.

Obviously the button's turn 3-bet tells me my hand probably needs more improvement. However, that's why it is a game that has gambling in it.

chesspain
01-16-2004, 02:53 AM
I'm guessing that the button had 55 or 34? If not, then he was way overplaying his Ax on the turn.

However, nice suckout on the river. Of course, you need to come out and bet like you did, since his turn play suggests that he may well give you plently of action again.

Schneids
01-16-2004, 03:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
However, nice suckout on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you. The Hoover vaccuum company would like me to endorse their products. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Of course, you need to come out and bet like you did, since his turn play suggests that he may well give you plently of action again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and I was more concerned about trying to get a bet out of MP. I figured there was no way on earth he'd cold call two, but I (wrongly) figured he would call my river bet, before getting caught in a raising war between me and button.