PDA

View Full Version : Should I not have slowplayed this?

BottlesOf
01-15-2004, 08:57 PM
UB 5/10 no reads on the villains

I get K /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in MP.

UTG+ 1 limps, I raise, Button, SB, BB and limper call.

Flop: 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, BB bets, UTG+1 folds, I call, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif[3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif]

SB checks, BB bets, I raise, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

River: 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif [A /images/graemlins/spade.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif]

SB checks, BB checks, I bet, Button raises, folds to me, I think.... 3-bet, Button caps, I call.

Thoughts?

bunky9590
01-15-2004, 09:44 PM
I wouldn't have. i just bust him up on the flop.
I think he may havd you with aces up here or the turned or rivered set. But I like the aggression on the turn and river.

JTG51
01-15-2004, 09:56 PM
There are a couple of things to think about here.

First, with two broadway cards on the flop slowplaying two pair or a set is rarely correct. Those flops hit so many hands that you will generally get lots of action by playing it fast.

Second, there are all kinds of gutshot draws. When you just call the flop bet you give anyone with a 4 out draw the correct odds to call. If you raise, you make them make a mistake by calling.

Finally, your river 3-bet is a mistake against all but the craziest opponents. His play river raise screams at least Aces up.