PDA

View Full Version : ChoicePoker.com Grand Opening!

Choice1
01-15-2004, 07:29 PM
Is tomorrow at 12PM EST.

The ChoicePoker.com Staff wants to thank all of you on this board who have given feedback on our site so far and have helped with play during our beta-testing.

As a reminder we are opening with the folowing promotions...

35% deposit bonus up to $150

$1,000 to $10,000 new player freeroll

$500 to $10,000 loyalty points freeroll

Multiple daily splash pots and high hand promotions

Charter Membership that allows players to make a 30% permanent rake rebate on their own play.

Also, we will soon be launching a series of daily add-on multi-table tournaments.

$3500 "Make the Choice" referral competition

Thanks again to all of you we have corresponded with and a warm welcome to the rest of you to make the "choice" and come and check us out!

Sincerely,

Jon Comer and the ChoicePoker.com Staff

Choice1
01-15-2004, 07:38 PM
Apologies for the typos on the last post, I actually hit the submit button by accident.

There are a few more points of interest in response to some of your comments and feedback so far.

First, for those of you who are affiliates and expressed interest in a rake system that would calculate rake by dividing the rake equally by the number of players at the table each hand, we have now added this capability. You can choose from our previous system or the new one. The % remains at 30%.

We have also lowered rake on our 2/4 and 3/6 tables.

Thanks Again,

Jon Comer

rusty JEDI
01-15-2004, 07:47 PM
Choice Guy. I fear that you are going to face the wrath of some posters. It is frowned upon and against the rules to start a new thread that is promotional in nature (this is regardless of the fact if you buy banners or not). I do find what you had to post appropriate and interesting. However, in the future to avoid the negativity of some posters who really dislike "spam" you should just tag this post to the bottom of an old thread in reply to choice.

CrackerZack
01-15-2004, 08:52 PM
I personally have no problem with this post. As long as it doesn't appear every week. They are having their grand opening and he's announcing what they're having for it. Its little different then when someone announces a new UB deposit bonus. As long as the same thing isn't repeated over and over, it should be fine. Of course I'm really an SSer so what do I know /images/graemlins/smile.gif

rusty JEDI
01-15-2004, 09:30 PM
I agree with you CZ and part of the reason i posted was to try and stop the first reply from being an outright attack. This type of post really is informative in nature in my opinion and does not reak of affiliate type spam.

I also noticed that someone had notified the moderator and i was about the 10th viewer of the post. I actually did not plan to notify the moderator but instead was curious to see if someone else already had. To check this you can just hit the "notify moderator" icon and if it asks you if you are sure you want to then nobody has yet. But if it gives the notice that it has already been reported then it has been reported.

CrackerZack
01-15-2004, 09:34 PM
I personally find this to be informative as it is an initial post of the terms of their opening and affiliate program that the majority of this forum will use.

crockpot
01-15-2004, 09:39 PM
It appears your affiliate signup page has a bug where you are required to submit a 'raketype' choice, but there is no place on the page that offers you one.

alfman
01-15-2004, 09:54 PM
Accordingly to the web site, the deposit bonus is really only a 30% rake rebate.

"ChoicePoker.com has developed a unique way of allowing players to benefit from promotions and bonuses, called Choice Cash.

Traditionally, certain bonuses, such as "deposit bonuses," have been paid ONLY once a player plays a certain large number of hands (normally 5 times the amount of the bonus!) in a certain short period of time (first thirty days typically). If this quota is not met then the bonus is never paid.

At ChoicePoker.com, however, such bonuses can be earned immediately!

For example, once a player receives a Choice Cash bonus, he/she will automatically start receiving 30 cents of this Choice Cash for every $1 in rake he/she personally contributes during play. This amount will be paid in $10 increments, and the player will continue to receive these increments as that player continues to play, until the total Choice Cash amount is released."

Choice1
01-15-2004, 10:05 PM
I anyone thinks we were spamming, I apologize, it was not our intention. We have noted this for the future.

Thanks for the heads up.

Jon Comer

daveymck
01-16-2004, 06:36 AM
This is no more spam than The Gaming Guys posts and the development guy from Party Poker, and to a point the guy that does Poker Tracker.

If its two way dialogue and they are looking to inprove their product as well as making announcements when new features come on board or are up for consideration then yes there is some advertising benefits to them but as players we should get a benefit as well in improved sites.

Spam to me is coming on and every week saying come play at our site we are the best look at the fabby deposits or rake rebates we have with nothing constructive.

BradleyT
01-16-2004, 06:40 AM
I never heard of this site before this thread, might have to check them out now though!

Glad he posted this info.

Oops - these are the guys that have the franchising thing and they posted a while back.

Can't believe no one commented on my post in that old thread.

csuf_gambler
01-16-2004, 06:42 AM
so will there be alot of people playing? or will it be a ghosttown like ACR? i want to sign up for the 135$

daveymck
01-16-2004, 06:52 AM
Partys is as well in effect, I got a 2 bonuss in december through party and so my rake was a minus so the affiliate I am playing through could not pay me anything, thankfully he didnt ask for the minus figure to be paid.

Webster
01-16-2004, 08:01 AM
Where do you see "Charter Membership that allows players to make a 30% permanent rake rebate on their own play."

I only see this for getting your deposit bonus.

Found it - it's for the 1st 500 and you must play 10 hours a week - it works out to be a little less then 1/2 BB per hour (not bad).

I can't find that one!

josie_wales
01-16-2004, 09:48 AM
Anyone do any thinking about how that deposit bonus is worked off? I am not the most experienced bonus whore and thus I cannot seem to determine if it will (a) take forever or (b) be reasonable.

Thoughts?

Choice1
01-16-2004, 11:51 AM
Crockpot,

I apologize for the inconvienence. We have corrected the error in the affiliate sign up section. If you have any other problems with signing up, let me know at vip@choicepoker.com and I will make sure it is handled for you.

Also, the rake type you want is set by us in the backoffice, so we will do whichever you prefer in that matter.

Best Regards,

Jon Comer

gabyyyyy
01-16-2004, 02:57 PM
Here comes another junk Acr skin. Plan on an absurd promo bucks system, and slow software.

I am so excited!

JTG51
01-16-2004, 03:02 PM
It looks like it's going to take an incredibly long time to earn the bonus. I just played about 20 hands of 1/2 and worked off $0.03 of bonus money.

Choice1
01-16-2004, 03:03 PM
Gabyyyy,

Lol. We are not an ACR skin. Sorry you misunderstood. We are a stand alone site, with our own servers, customer service and marketing team.

Servers more than software determine speed, by the way.

We hope you will give us a chance to show you the difference.

Best Regards,

Jon Comer

HUSKER'66
01-16-2004, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Plan on an absurd promo bucks system, and slow software.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you played this site? Or are you just being your typical self?

JTG51
01-16-2004, 03:11 PM
Jon,

Sorry if this was already discussed and I missed it, but what exactly is the connection between your site and ACR? My Neteller deposit to Choice Poker is listed in my transaction history as going to America's Card Room.

gabyyyyy
01-16-2004, 03:17 PM
Hello,

I am assuming that you are the owner or operator? Is that correct? Am I also correct to assume that you, the principal operator of this site resides in Texas?

If so, perhaps you would like to have a look at the federal wire act, which states:

"Whoever being engaged in the business of betting or wagering knowingly uses a wire communication facility for the transmission in interstate or foreign commerce of bets or wagers or information assisting in the placing of bets or wagers on any sporting event or contest, or for the transmission of a wire communication which entitles the recipient to receive money or credit as a result of bets or wagers, or for information assisting in the placing of bets or wagers, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both."

Now don't think just because you do not offer sports bets, you are immune.. Read on.

" Despite the divergent views . . . the official position as expressed by the Justice Department and several state attorneys general is to treat the Wire Act as applying broadly and covering all forms of Internet gaming"

Last time I checked Texas residents were not immune from the wire act.

How safe could a player's money be on your site, considering the risk of your company being shut down at any time.

joeypoker789
01-16-2004, 03:24 PM
Jon,
I appreciate your announcement post. This forum is about online poker and IMO it is very appropriate and very desirable for reps from new rooms to come on and talk about their product.

Best of luck with your launch. I for one will be dropping by for a closer check out!!

And please keep answering questions and explaining your product!!

Choice1
01-16-2004, 03:24 PM
JTG51,

Wow. I can see why there is confusion. Our apologies.

We have no connection to ACR. We do license software from teh same software company, Dobrosoft, although our software is customized and different from ACR.

What you are probably seeing is a default setting that was over looked by Dobrosoft. It can and will be changed soon. There were a few other defualt settings that we found in beta-testing. This one must have been overlooked.

As for the 35% deposit bonus, our intentions were not to make it hard to qualify for. In fact part of the reason we used this method was so that there wasn't a time limit qualify for it.

However, we are open to suggestions on what % rake back you would like to make this promtion more attractive.

Best Regards,

Jon Comer

Choice1
01-16-2004, 03:27 PM
Gabyyyy,

ChoicePoker is licensed, owned, and operated in Costa Rica.

Regards,

Jon Comer

JTG51
01-16-2004, 03:29 PM
Thanks for clearing that up.

As for the deposit bonus, I have no complaints about how long it will take to earn it. Faster and easier is always better, but unlike a couple of posters here I think it would be more than a bit ridiculous for me to complain about not getting enough free money, or not getting it fast enough.

gabyyyyy
01-16-2004, 03:32 PM
"ChoicePoker is licensed, owned, and operated in Costa Rica."

Then why is the site's URL registered to YOU, in Texas?

What is your position with choice poker?

Anyone can go to: http://www.geektools.com/whois.php
and type in choice poker.com - They will see who choice poker is registered to.

Choice1
01-16-2004, 03:42 PM
Gabyyyy,

I am sorry this is causing you much confusion. The site is registered in my name. I am one of the prinicpal owners of ChoicePoker.com. The site is in the legal process of being switched into the companies name. ChoicePoker, SA of Costa Rica owns the gaming and software license and is legally registered there. However, a website registration and the operating company are two different entities.

If you have any concerns, I invite you not to play with us until we have a track record that meets your approval.

Regards,

Jon Comer

gabyyyyy
01-16-2004, 03:46 PM
"I am one of the prinicpal owners of ChoicePoker.com."

That is all the information I needed. I advise you to get an attorney, if you plan on continuing your residence in the United States.

"If you have any concerns, I invite you not to play with us until we have a track record that meets your approval."

Don't worry /images/graemlins/smile.gif

goodguy_1
01-16-2004, 04:25 PM
gabby I think you need to get laid ..please gabyy go get laid seriously /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

you would make an excellent IRS agent !!

HUSKER'66
01-16-2004, 04:35 PM
ggodguy 1,

If ignorance, asinine statements, and empty accusations were worth money, Bill Gates would be asking this person for a loan.

BradleyT
01-16-2004, 04:44 PM
Gabby doesn't play on any sites that don't give out free money - and when she does play she complains because she goes broke so fast.

Disregard 99.9% of what she says as having any meaning.

Slacker13
01-16-2004, 05:07 PM
1. I do not find these post to be spam nor do i find them to be offensive in anyway, as a matter of fact I think it is great to be able to chat with a owner of a new site who is willing to listen to us and produce a good product.

2. Gabyyyy is a Whack Job!

CrackerZack
01-16-2004, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
However, a website registration and the operating company are two different entities.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would think this would be obvious. But the idiot troll doesn't seem to get that. I'm certainly not surprised.

gabyyyyy
01-16-2004, 06:58 PM
"2. Gabyyyy is a Whack Job!"

Every Law I cited was factual. Every comment I made about the legal issue of online gambling happen to be the same stance that the U.S government has taken.

So therefore you must think that the U.S government consists of a bunch of whackjobs.

Personally, I just take the source and deal with it accordingly.

Wake up CALL
01-16-2004, 07:24 PM
". Every comment I made about the legal issue of online gambling happen to be the same stance that the U.S government has taken."

This is incorrect, therefore you are the proverbial Whack Job! A US Federal Circuit Court has taken the more literal interpretation of the Federal Wire Act.

Oski
01-16-2004, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
gabby I think you need to get laid ..please gabyy go get laid seriously

[/ QUOTE ]

Good Guy - How about taking (or giving) one for the team?!

Ted Geisel
01-16-2004, 10:04 PM
Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, Case No. 01-30389, :

"[T]he Wire Act does not prohibit non-sports internet gambling ..."

This is why we have a Judical Branch of Government and a Legislative Branch of Government. Congress passed the law, which says nothing about non-sports betting and the Court read the law as written.

Gabyyyy, look up the leading court case which was actually related to non-sports internet gambling before you post on this again, okay ? It is on the Internet, try a google search.

Ted

Ted Geisel
01-16-2004, 10:05 PM
Gabyyy is a whack job, lol, but this IS spam.

goodguy_1
01-16-2004, 10:06 PM
hehe um no..well on second thought ..... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

gabs aint all that bad she's just a busybody.
Gaby you are a pitbull ..what do you do for a living btw.???.and I'm sorry if I got a little outta line before but right when I thought you made a decent post you went on 3 post tirade against the choiceguy..chill out gabs please!!
Talking facts is commendable Gabby but you seem to stretch everything into a conspiracy.

Terry
01-17-2004, 03:01 AM
Why can't I look at a game without opening an account? Major error, in my opinion.

HavanaBanana
01-17-2004, 04:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So therefore you must think that the U.S government consists of a bunch of whackjobs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesen't sound too farfetched to me.

JayLeno
01-17-2004, 08:22 AM
Is Gabyyyy a "she"?

BZ1244
01-27-2004, 09:40 AM
Does the aforementioned rake methodology option apply to the Charter Member 30% rake rebate as well?

MattHatter
01-27-2004, 10:56 AM
Hi there,

So I signed up at choice poker but havent deposited due to the fact that there isn't really enyone playing cards there.

Why not do what Prima Poker did..

I mean even BEFORE the huge giveaways and 60k overlay 100k guaranteed tourneys... seats at the WSOP etc.. Here's what they did first...

THEY GAVE AWAY FREE MONEY IN SMALL AMOUNTS AND WOULDN'T LET YOU CASH IT OUT.

This is beautiful, though I think they had problems with fake accounts and chip dumping. (Is this what that means?)

I'll lay out why I think this is superior to what you're doing now.

Instead of spending $25,000 on freerolls clever targeted marketing to 'real' online players to give free money to try the site.. Targeting the offer might help you avoid the scam artists.

So you give em all $10 and open up some real micro limit games.. .10/.25.. anyway now you've got 2500 people who had nothing to lose generating action on the site /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Now heres the kicker! You dont let anyone cash anything out unless they have made a minimum deposit and play through the requirements to cash out the bonus. As an added bonus you only start the requirements AFTER the deposit has been made.

Look at Prima Now! Honestly they've done well. When I got my $10 you were lucky if there were 200 ppl logged in. now they usually have at least 1000 ppl and plenty of game.

Anyway.. I don't know what kinda money you guys got behind you but if you need someone with some ideas to get butts in seats looking for a job, and I could steal the good ideas from other sites.. it's easy /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I realize that the 'new account' freerolls are good.. but I need to buy in to play. And if theres no tables to play cards at... I just can't buy in, freerolls abound these days. Just give the cash away to everybody and get some GAMES going. Trust me.

Anyway as it stands.. the place is just a graveyard. I can't see why I would put money in there. I (like a lot of others im sure) have to wait for more games to show up... see the circular problem here?

But at prima a long time ago.. I played cause I got $10 free.. and I won a bit ($50) and wanted to cash out, so I bought in.. and the games were busy with lots of $10 fish in the barrel, and I saw that it was good.

Amen

Webster
01-28-2004, 08:11 AM
Last night they actually had a waiting list! Things are slowly picking up and they have some pretty big free rolls coming up soon!