PDA

View Full Version : Kerry moves ahead of Dean and Gephardt in Iowa

Dynasty
01-15-2004, 07:11 PM
It's going to be quite a photo finish in Iowa. John Kerry has moved into first place in the latest Zogby poll in Iowa

Kerry 22%
Dean 21%
Gephardt 21%
Edwards 17%
Undecided 11%

http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=780

I never thought Kerry had much of a chance in Iowa. I figured he'd put up a good fight in New Hampshire and them slowly fade away. But, if he wins in Iowa and gets a boost in New Hampshire as a result of it, he just might be able to win this nomination after all.

Oddly, Kerry's numbers have been dropping in New Hampshire for a while with Wesley Clark moving into a clear second place behind Howard Dean.

adios
01-15-2004, 07:24 PM
My take is that Dean's temper tantrum, shoot from the hip, raise taxes for all, negative campaigning style has convinced many Democrats that he's a disaster waiting to happen in November.

Redhot_man
01-15-2004, 07:47 PM
the only democrat that will even remotely appeal to the masses is wesly clark, either way though, im pretty sure its four more years for w.

MMMMMM
01-16-2004, 02:23 AM
"My take is that Dean's temper tantrum, shoot from the hip, raise taxes for all, negative campaigning style has convinced many Democrats that he's a disaster waiting to happen in November."

In November, and beyond.

sam h
01-16-2004, 03:31 AM
He's been climbing up slowly, and seems to be siphoning votes away from both Dean and Gephardt.

While he's run a crappy campaign until the last couple weeks, he's still the best shot the Dems have to win next fall (though not much of a shot at that). But he needs a win here to carry through momentum to South Carolina, since he hasn't campaigned in New Hampshire. Probably won't happen, but he's impressively positioned himself for a VP nod and/or 2008 run.

And according to his Web site he's just been endorsed by Fred Hoiberg! What a coup!