PDA

View Full Version : HPFAP ? re: JJ

CardCuda
01-15-2004, 06:10 PM
Re-reading HPFAP and I had to ask this ?

"If you hold JJ and the pot has been raised and re-raised before you, you should fold, also correct in MP and LP positions."

"If you already opened with JJ and the pot is raised and re-raised after you then it is correct to go ahead and call because of the pot odds to flop your set".

Isn't this the same pot odds? But if you act after the raise and re-raise you have the advantage of position. Which seems better than calling the raise and re-raise and being out of position. I'm a little confused. (not anything new).

Am I reading too much into this? If I acted after the raise and re-raise I'd CAP it and the others would call. Highly unlikely they'd fold. Players behind me now have correct pot odds to also call with pretty much any playable hand and we have a capped family pot (my favorite!)

And then of course when the flop comes AJJ i'm in heaven!!!

and of course when the flop comes AKK I kick myself.

Zele
01-15-2004, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"If you hold JJ and the pot has been raised and re-raised before you, you should fold, also correct in MP and LP positions."

"If you already opened with JJ and the pot is raised and re-raised after you then it is correct to go ahead and call because of the pot odds to flop your set".

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's raised and re-raised ahead of you, then you have to call 3 bets versus a pot of 6.5 [~2:1]. If you enter, then it's raised and re-raised, even if everyone else folds you're calling 2 bets versus a pot of 7.5 [~3.5:1]. Your original limp becomes part of the pot.

felson
01-15-2004, 08:22 PM
Plus, you probably open-raised with JJ, so the pot is even bigger.