PDA

View Full Version : When do you fold TPTK?

Vazh
01-15-2004, 05:58 PM
Party Poker 2/4 (10 handed)
Hero has K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif and is MP3

Folded to me.
Hero raises, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls

Flop(6 1/2 SB): 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB checks, Hero bets, Button raises, BB folds, Hero 3-bets, Button caps, Hero calls
Hmmmm...

Turn(7 1/4 BB): 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero checks, Button bets, Hero calls
Who folds here?

River(9 1/4 BB): T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero checks, Button bets, Hero calls

Was it ok to go into check/call mode? I'm assuming 2 pair or a set when he caps the flop, so I'm expecting to lose but still feel compelled to call down in case he's betting a spade draw.

Results in white.

<font color="white"> He had 99 for the FH. </font>

LetsRock
01-15-2004, 06:56 PM
I think I would have played it the same. He was obviously proud of his hand on the flop. Unless I know something about the player (you gave no read), I have to respect his aggression, but I'll usually have to see the cards heads-up. If this had been more multi-way, I'd be less inclined to call it all the way down.

There's not a lot he could have that would justify his flop betting that I could beat, but I've seen players get excited with a KQ or KJ in that kind of situation. He could also been on a nut flush draw (Spades) and decided to follow through on the river since you backed off after the flop.

pilamsolo
01-15-2004, 07:04 PM
I think you played it fine. With no read, I'd call him down too. He could have flopped a pair with his flush draw, or even have the same hand as you. Definately worth looking him up.

Mike Gallo
01-15-2004, 07:08 PM
I would have played it the same way. I might have even lost more money on the turn.