PDA

View Full Version : Playing AJ Super Agressive

theBruiser500
01-15-2004, 01:47 PM
6 handed game, all 3 stacks concerned have about $100, it's a $100 buy in PP game, I'm UTG with AJ and I limp. Someone in LP raises to 10. He's a pretty tight player, I think he has something like A10, AJ, AQ, AK, 88, 99, 10 10, JJ, QQ... He could have AA KK but I get the feeling he's the sort of player who would just raise 8 or 6 with those hands, but maybe not. The BB reraises to 18, the BB is a complete maniac, the last time he reraised he had K4 or some trash so he could have anything. Now it's my turn to act, I raised to $50. Comments?

danny

Edge34
01-15-2004, 02:14 PM
Hey bruiser,

Not a big fan of putting in half my stack PF with just aj, especially facing a raise and reraise before me. You've already said you could be behind to the initial, tighter raiser, and the maniac may not lay down his hand for anything, or he may have a hand too. If you don't buy the pot and flop nothing, do you intend to stick around with your hand? I'd have to wait for a better spot to put in a ton of chips...i'd prefer just calling or folding to reraising again.

AeonBlues
01-15-2004, 02:27 PM
Waiting is a real good stratagy. Re rasiing with AJ is basicly pushing a small edge, but you could be severly beat, especialy by the original raiser.

I think it's best to be patient in NL. You can lay down your AJ this time, and wait for the right oportunity to push your stack, and when you have a better hand like AA or KK you'll be atleast an 70% fave, rather than with AJ where you might be as good as 55%, but more likely are 30% dog or worse.

AeonBlues

Fistdantilus
01-15-2004, 03:24 PM
If you really want to continue with this hand, then I think $50 is the perfect amount. It puts enough pressure on LP, but you're not risking everything to play with the maniac. The reason I say this is because if LP calls, I think you should fold when the maniac puts it all in. However, the best situation is that LP folds and maniac goes all-in with garbage. I don't see that happening, so my choice would be to wait for a better hand.

Fistdantilus

SomeName
01-15-2004, 03:30 PM
even in your best case scenario (tight guy folds and maniac goes with you). you probably arent more than about a 3-2 favorite. This taken into acount with the possiblity of the tight player not laying down his qq jj whatever and the possiblity that the maniac might have aj beat and hes def not laying down with better than aj means you surely lose in the long run. (im sure you got lucky this time or you wouldnt have posted this)

theBruiser500
01-15-2004, 04:17 PM
No, SomeName, unfortunately I didn't. I went all in, the tight player folded, he claimed to fold pocket tens. The maniac went all in for another $50 and I called. He took it down with AA. At the time I thought I was being pretty clever with my move, but now I see that you are all right, I was just being foolhardy.

danny

Ulysses
01-15-2004, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

You tried to see a flop for cheap w/ AJ UTG. That didn't work out. Easy fold.