PDA

View Full Version : 10-20 Borgota a play from Clarky's book

Mikey
01-15-2004, 10:32 AM
I'm in the cutoff/UTG in a shorthanded 10-20 game.

4 handed.

A note on the players

The button is playing with scared money, he usually plays 3-6 HE and 6-12 and very easily tilts and doesn't raise when he's supposed to and plays weaktight. You know the type. Like how I used to play....LOL.

The SB is an Asian chick who is the CheckRaise Queen. She just loves checkraising the flop with almost anything.

The BB is weak tight as well only raises with premium hands and plays ok after the flop also very easy to read.

I raise with QTo.

The button.... "ohh...so it costs me another $20.....hmmm....alright I'll call.

SB calls. <-- checkraise queen.

BB calls. <--- highschool english professor look alike.1

the flop is

T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

Its checked to me and I bet.
Button weaktight calls.
Checkraise queen raises.
I call planning to raise the turn.
Weaktight calls behind me.

Question #1.
What do you think so far?? Should I have reraised to knock out weaktight or wait until the bets double to do it.....??

JayKon
01-15-2004, 12:43 PM
I'm assuming the Q isn't a /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I'm going to reraise about 75% of the time to make any draws pay and just call the rest.

If your Q is the /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, then I'll raise about 50% of the time as the flush draw doesn't bother me as much.

Jay

Ulysses
01-15-2004, 02:21 PM
I would 3-bet here. I'd prefer not to be stuck between weak-tight and checkraise queen on the turn.

calig
01-15-2004, 03:43 PM
I would 3 bet about 50% of the time and call/raise on the turn the other 50%.

BTW - What is the reference to Clarky's book in the post title?

frankm
01-15-2004, 05:26 PM
First of all you didn't say what happened to the big blind, second of all you said the button was "weak-tight" so if he is saying out loud "20 to me, ohhh I guess I will call" he is basically saying, in my opinion, I have a monster hand and will try and bait you. Then you say the flop comes with 2 diamonds and a ten. The blinds check to you, you bet, now here should be your tip-off about the button. You say he is weak-tight, meaning he will fold unless he has a good hand and he will most likely just call with that hand if it is a good hand. So this should tell you that you are looking at AK with at least one of the two cards being a diamond if not both, or a medium-high pair, JJ-AA, he might be hoping to trap you and the other two blinds by just calling here, then hope to raise you on the turn. Now you say the sb check-raises you, I doubt she will check-raise nothing, she must have at the least a draw of some sorts if not Q10-A10, or even a higher pair. Then you don;t say what happens to the bb. If I were you and in this position I would fold here. The button almost definitely has you beat w/ an over pair, two over cards, a back door or four flush nut draw. Then you have to worry about the women check-raising, she has to have some outs to be check raising in to field of 3 more players. Heads up against her you could raise her back but in this situation I doubt she thinks she can isolate you and therefore must want more money for her draw if she hits, over pair, or K-10 or A-10. I don't know what happens to the big blind or what happens after you call, to the button. Unless you happen to stumble across a miracle I doubt you win this hand.

frankm
01-15-2004, 05:32 PM
How could you 3-bet when he said the guy on the button is weak-tight??? He obviously has a powerful draw not to mention maybe an over pair, otherwise his tightness would make him fold on the flop He blatantly says "20 to me, ohh I guess I will call." You don't see that comment dripping with sarcasm??? Then he says he never raises when he should. With all that considered how the hell could you 3 bet here? It's not heads up, it basically multi-way since there are only 4 players at the table and they are all in the pot.

Zele
01-15-2004, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What do you think so far?? Should I have reraised to knock out weaktight or wait until the bets double to do it.....??

[/ QUOTE ]

I like waiting here. Mainly because if something like the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif comes on the turn you can easily get away from your hand, and you're really going to want it heads up if you do go to the river with a hand that vulnerable. Even though you said he's weak-tight, I get the impression he's not super-duper tight, and with a board like that he'll want to see the turn bad enough to call 2 bets with a lot of the hands he could be playing.

AviD
01-15-2004, 05:40 PM
Hey Mikey, is this Asian chick about late 30s/early 40s, hickey on her neck, drinks like a fish, and talks more than anyone you've ever known and won't STFU?

If so, I know who you are talking about and have seen her from 3/6 to 15/30...and yeah she CRs and raises with anything...total maniac.

Hope you torched her, because she sucked out some BS hands against me last Friday. 24o vs my AA, capped the whole way...I flop an A and she pulls out 3 on the turn, 5 on the river to take it down...and she is raising the whole time.

Zele
01-15-2004, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm assuming the Q isn't a /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I'm going to reraise about 75% of the time to make any draws pay and just call the rest.

If your Q is the /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, then I'll raise about 50% of the time as the flush draw doesn't bother me as much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where are you getting those percentages from? Do you mean the decision is deterministic but conditional on something that wasn't specified, or are you saying you'd intentionally randomize it? I don't think a decision on the flop in a bigger multiway pot is one you want to apply game theory to.

Ulysses
01-15-2004, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With all that considered how the hell could you 3 bet here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Easily. I want him to fold a hand like AdKh and then I'll be able to play the rest of the hand HU with position on the CR Queen. If weak-tight doesn't fold, we'll have to see what the turn card is and figure out what to do from there.

frankm
01-15-2004, 07:02 PM
so you think a weak-tight player will call a bet from the original raiser here w/Ah Kd knowing he might get raised by either the sb who frequently check-raises or the big blind who could be slow playing, just for a chance at a runner-runner flush? I if the origional raiser 3 bets, and the check-raiser just calls he is still getting he is still getting about 8-1 to call the flop for an Ace or King to hit and to chase the runner-runner flush.

Mikey
01-18-2004, 03:05 PM
Checkraise queen checked the turn when an offsuit 6 hit.

I bet and weaktight calls behind me, checkraise queen calls.

River is another brick....lowcard, checkraise queen checks I bet, weaktight calls, and queen folds.

My Top pair is good and weaktight had 99.

Your Mom
01-18-2004, 04:43 PM
Nothin better than players who c/r the flop and check the turn when a brick hits. if c/r queen does this frequently, then I 3bet every time.

Mike Gallo
01-18-2004, 10:32 PM
weaktight had 99.

perhaps you should reevaluate your definition of weak tight. /images/graemlins/confused.gif