PDA

View Full Version : 6-12 Borgota, a play from Clarky's book

Mikey
01-15-2004, 10:23 AM
I'm on the button in a shorthanded 6-12 game, I raise with KTo.

The SB calls and the BB calls.

The flop is T /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

Its bet from the SB and the BB calls. I call planning to raise the turn.

What do you think?

Lost Wages
01-15-2004, 10:58 AM
I think that there are a lot of cards that could come on the turn that you are not going to like.

Lost Wages

Clarkmeister
01-15-2004, 12:45 PM
"I think that there are a lot of cards that could come on the turn that you are not going to like."

Seems like a reason to wait doesn't it?

Waiting in this spot is fine but so is raising right away. What Mikey is referring to is waiting when there are like 4-6 players who have already called a bet, not just 1-2. Then it is definitely better to wait.

MRBAA
01-15-2004, 01:09 PM
I think a raise on the flop here is best. As Clark notes, there are only two players (the blinds, at that). You're likely winning, and you've got position. I'd raise for value here, and to give myself the possible option of a free card later if one of those cards I don't like hits.

gunboat
01-15-2004, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think a raise on the flop here is best. As Clark notes, there are only two players (the blinds, at that). You're likely winning, and you've got position. I'd raise for value here, and to give myself the possible option of a free card later if one of those cards I don't like hits.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems so obvious, I wonder why there would be any question at all. You get one more BB in the pot, instead of possibly none. If someone has a real hand (like a set), they are likely to show it now so you can slow down instead of facing a possible check raise on the turn.

Lost Wages
01-15-2004, 03:18 PM
Clarkmeister,

I am having a really hard time getting this idea clear in my head because I come from the "charge the draws" school. Is it related to the concept that in a mutilway pot you can have the best hand on the flop but still be an underdog to win the hand? Or is it more that by calling the flop and raising on the turn if a non-scary falls you can actually charge the draws more? Thanks.

BTW, howz about playing in the SS vs. Zoo tourney? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lost Wages