PDA

View Full Version : Misplayed on every street?

BigBaitsim (milo)
01-15-2004, 09:08 AM
Party 2/4. Fairly typical, a bit tighter than usual. No reads.

Dealt A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif in the BB. MP calls, all fold to the SB who raises. I call. MP calls.

Turn rags, rainbow, one /images/graemlins/spade.gif. SB bets, I raise, MP folds, SB calls.

Turn J, no flush for anyone. SB checks, I check.

River is a rag. SB checks, I check.

He turns over ATo and I'm outkicked. In the chat box he helpfully types, "you totally had me there."

How bad do I suck? Thankfully, I've not given up my day job /images/graemlins/frown.gif

crockpot
01-15-2004, 11:27 AM
with no reads, you probably have enough hand to call pre-flop, but it is close. the problem is that you don't know what your outs are. against a loose raiser, or a player you have good control over, three-betting is a consideration; against a tight player a fold would be one.

can't say i like the flop raise too much, although i like it better than a call. it just doesn't seem that likely that you have the best hand.

your play from the turn on is quite rational.

Lost Wages
01-15-2004, 12:37 PM
Preflop call is OK. The SB should be raising a wide range of playable hands against a single MP limper. Then again, if he doesn't know that then you should probably fold. Flop is raise or fold, I like fold. The turn check is illogical. Headsup you shouldn't be taking freecards after you showed aggression unless you are willing to fold to a river bet. Bet and fold to a raise. If called, check behind on the river with your ace high if you don't improve.

Lost Wages

Barry
01-15-2004, 12:44 PM
I probably would have folded on the flop here, but since you did raise the flop, which isn't too bad if you had 2 overcards, you simply have to bet the turn to get the SB to fold his likely AK or AQ. If he raises the turn then its an easy fold.

BigBaitsim (milo)
01-15-2004, 07:53 PM
About what I figured. I was down and sometimes chase and sometimes play weakly when down. On this hand I was overly aggressive on the flop and played weakly after. I think a bet on the turn would have pushed him out. I forget that life is one long session.

Stu Pidasso
01-15-2004, 08:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was down and sometimes chase and sometimes play weakly when down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be more concerned about that leak than how poorly you played this hand.

Stu