PDA

View Full Version : Zoo Challenges SS to a Re-rematch!

Mike Haven
01-15-2004, 06:58 AM
Following on the annihilation of the BOSS by the the King of The Zoo, the Zoo thinks their unlucky tide has turned and it is time to whup SS ass.

We are aiming at February 5th for a $20+$2 No Limit Tournament this time.

I'm starting to list the two Teams - hopefully we will hit 40 players on each Team again, but 50 each would be fantastic.

Please add your name to this thread to keep it bumping to the top. (If it gets too cumbersome, I'll start another with a link to this one.)

(One very important matter. Setting up these Tournies to run smoothly takes a lot of time and effort, to say nothing of the stress involved when things go pear-shaped. I have been assured that no one would object to my time being paid at a minimal rate. Therefore, if I can negotiate, say, an $11 rebate for a player, I will ask the Site to add $10 to his Account and $1 to mine. I hope that this will set a precedent so that future Tournament Directors will come forward knowing that their time spent on these is valued by the participants. Of course, if you object to this, please say so, here, in order that someone else can take over, now. Thanks.)

GuyOnTilt
01-15-2004, 07:19 AM
Count me in. I think you deserve to get paid more than $1 per player in order to compensate you for the last 2 tourneys too. No objections here.

GoT

BigEndian
01-15-2004, 08:48 AM
I'm in. And $1 a person to compensate your time is fine by me as well.

- Jim

ElSapo
01-15-2004, 09:05 AM
I'm in, and of course have no objections to you getting paid. You and Rkiray and Simon and anyone else who ever put one of these together (and I know I''m missing many names, my apologies) do the players here a great favor and deserve something in return.

thomastem
01-15-2004, 11:32 AM
Where are the 3 stooges? I want to see all 3 sign up. (Zoo post identifries the 3)

J.R.
01-15-2004, 11:50 AM
I'll play.

NutCrackerr
01-15-2004, 11:55 AM
Count me in.

bicyclekick
01-15-2004, 12:34 PM
I'm in.

CrackerZack
01-15-2004, 12:40 PM
I'm in of course. I mentioned it on the other post in the zoo, but we should require everyone to sign up early and instead of us getting the $2 rebate for early signup, it should go to Mike. No excuse about not having money at true, etc, signup early and if you can't play, then remove yourself later.

BottlesOf
01-15-2004, 01:44 PM
I'm in and my $ is yours.

rkiray
01-15-2004, 02:03 PM
I'd like to play but I'm going travalling the first two weeks of February. I'll have internet access for some of the trip, but on the 5th I'm probably going to be in Vegas with no access. I'll have to catch the next one.

thomastem
01-15-2004, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to play but I'm going travalling the first two weeks of February. I'll have internet access for some of the trip, but on the 5th I'm probably going to be in Vegas with no access. I'll have to catch the next one.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about one of your sisters Al Capone or Hutz?

CrackerZack
01-15-2004, 02:46 PM
You know the little brother who just keeps saying the same thing over and over again until either the parents go nuts and send him to his room so they don't have to listen to him, or one of the other siblings gets fed up and beats the crap out of him?

No point in that question. Just thinking aloud.

thomastem
01-15-2004, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You know the little brother who just keeps saying the same thing over and over again until either the parents go nuts and send him to his room so they don't have to listen to him, or one of the other siblings gets fed up and beats the crap out of him?

No point in that question. Just thinking aloud.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok Crack but which of the 3 is little? If you older siblings abused you they have clinics and such to ease your burden as well. I could always send a flock of sheep and the stud Bull to put on a show for you to cheer you up.

Brian
01-15-2004, 03:29 PM
I'm in for SS.

-Brian

GuyOnTilt
01-15-2004, 03:55 PM
The more I think about it, the more I think that $1 per player is way too much for all the work Mike Haven has put into organizing these tourneys. I think we should set aside a percentage of the prize pool, say 10 or 15 percent?

In addition, I'm going to give Mike 50% of my action in the upcoming tourney. Don't know how much that's really worth, but hey, just in case. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I hope we can get some support for this idea. Mike deserves it.

GoT

CrackerZack
01-15-2004, 05:26 PM

Mike Haven
01-15-2004, 05:29 PM
My sincere thanks for all your very pleasant comments and suggestions - I guess I'm hired for this one! Thank you.

Your offer, Guy, is far more than generous, and I appreciate it very much. I don't want to appear churlish, but I am happy in my thinking that a dollar a man is a fair price for this particular Event, from everyone's point of view. As I mentioned, I would like this to set a precedent so that people who do special things for our mutual interest and entertainment, (KOTZ, BOSS, Winner Stays On, et al), will step forward without having to worry about asking for a reasonable payment for the time involved.

Now, to business.

Keep your entries coming - the last Team Tourney had 80 entrants - let's see if we can make it 50 vs 50 this time!

Lori has suggested if we do get to 50 vs 50 that only the top 40 placed from each Team should be scored, to allow for any last minute No Shows. This seems like a good idea, so I'll leave it until nearer the big day to announce the final scoring system, when we have a better read on the numbers involved.

It's gonna be good! If any newbies are concerned about volunteering, please don't worry. These Tournaments are great experience and even greater fun. Everyone is welcome, and the party afterwards can get quite raunchy!

As always, it's first come first served, so don't hang back and risk disappointment.

JTG51
01-15-2004, 05:37 PM
Careful Zack, if thomastem decides you are insulting him he's going to start mentioning your name in every one of his posts also.

JTG51
01-15-2004, 05:39 PM
I'll play for, um, SS I guess.

dogsballs
01-15-2004, 06:14 PM
That's a good idea, but we want as many as poss to score. So why not just the same from each team. eg if it's 47 and 42 entrants, then the top 42 score. I'd hate to come 41st and then not even get to score.

Plus a buck a man doesn't sound too much at all to me; 100 players - 100 bucks. It sounds pretty reasonable for what I imagine might take a few hours of organising.

dogs.

Now I have to leave this forum and go get a shower.... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

WDC
01-15-2004, 06:28 PM
I'll play and Mike can have at least a dollar.

BaronVonCP
01-15-2004, 06:34 PM
Sign me up.

Joe Tall
01-15-2004, 08:10 PM
I'm in Mike.

If the SS wins AGAIN, is it fair to say the Zoosters have a learning disorder? I know it's NL but I also know we have some superior NL players in the SS, as well.

Oh, is Cornhole playing for the Zoo? If so we should make a rule about railbirding when players get busted out. We are all men/women of intellect and sportsmanship.

Thanks again Mike, easy $1, thanks again!

Peace,
Joe Tall

wayabvpar
01-15-2004, 08:54 PM
Can someone fill me in on Zoo V SS? Who or what is the difference? I have been lurking for months, but this has eluded me somehow.

thomastem
01-15-2004, 08:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Careful Zack, if thomastem decides you are insulting him he's going to start mentioning your name in every one of his posts also.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm hurt. This not true as making fun of me is a sign of intelligence. Cracker has been up front with his criticism as Joe Tall was a few months ago. There is nothing wrong with people dishing it out to me.

To get on my very short list you have to be wrong. I've never heard of Cracker or Joe Tall telling the mod that animals being spoken of is grody, sick, and disgusting. As an example.

Now if you want my wilda beast to come say hi to your woofie PM the mod saying that I'm grodie.

JohnShaft
01-15-2004, 09:15 PM
I'm In Like Flint.

rkiray
01-15-2004, 09:16 PM
The zoo is the internet forum. So named by David Ross, if you have read any posts over there you should understand why.

SS is the Small Stakes forum

rkiray
01-15-2004, 09:24 PM
I thought that TT and I were getting along better, and I actually let him in the BOSS tourney since he hadn't spammed the SS in months. This just seemed to set off a stream of spam in here. He was already spamming the NVG forum (especially the medusa thread (it never dies, you cut off one head and two more grow back)), but that's a good forum for spam. I really regret letting him in now. I'm mainly ignoring him. I think he thrives on attention (like a 3 year old).

Simon Diamond
01-15-2004, 09:31 PM
(especially the medusa thread (it never dies, you cut off one head and two more grow back))

Sounds a bit like a thread titled <font color="blue">What's wrong with the SS forum.</font> Who started that one? I notice it is still rumbling on.

Simon

rkiray
01-15-2004, 09:38 PM
That's the one. I'm not keeping it alive.

brian0729
01-15-2004, 09:40 PM
Im in and enjoy spending my dollar /images/graemlins/grin.gif easy call for you to get it.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Now where is that NL forum. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Simon Diamond
01-15-2004, 09:54 PM
You did add to it earlier though - why not just PM Mat and have him end it?

Simon

JDErickson
01-15-2004, 11:21 PM
Count me in for the SS team.

Jim

bunky9590
01-15-2004, 11:40 PM
Joe tall talked me into it. I'll be there, just have to transfer the duckets.

It's on now. Bunky's back in town.

Nottom
01-15-2004, 11:59 PM
Sign me up.

Hopefully, I'll be able to contribute at least one point to the SS cause (although I wouldn't count on it after my last 2 performances)

CrackerZack
01-16-2004, 12:06 AM
My a$$ davidross-wannabe. You were a major thorn in my side in the BoSS tourney and always a formidable opponent. We need your kind on our side.

Now we're getting a match. Game on.

Joe Tall
01-16-2004, 12:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sign me up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank god, you are back to yourself. DR should have a nottom-wannabe, in my opinion.

Glad you are on the team!

Peace,
JT

rkiray
01-16-2004, 12:34 AM
It never ends with him. I only bump that thread when it's near the top, and I do it about once a week trying to get people to stop. It's not just TT, there seem to be about 5 people who for some perverse reason don't want it to die.

AliasMrJones
01-16-2004, 11:51 AM
Count me in.

dogsballs
01-16-2004, 03:55 PM
NutCracker said:
Count me in.

Hey you, NutCracker! Yes you, ya big purple gorilla. I'm talkin' to you. grrr...snarl.... Don't look around; stop looking so nervous. Think ye look tough do ya'? Think you're up to the challenge do ya'!? Think yer name's really appropriate, do ya'? Well then prove it by taking up a last longer bet with the old mutt here. Try and crack my nutz, if you dare. $20 sound tempting enough? Think of all those bananas, eh hairy...! What d'ye say ya big hairy purple galoot? Want me to show you my big hairy ones? Well then, show me yours...!....grrrr...woof...grrr...

themul56
01-19-2004, 06:10 PM
I would like to be in if there is room.

Dylan Wade
01-20-2004, 12:41 AM
I'd love to play, but I can't commit myself until I know what time of day the tourney starts. Feburary 5th falls on a weekday, and I have a day job...

bisonbison
01-23-2004, 03:59 PM
I'm in for SS.