PDA

View Full Version : I was a pre flop fish...

CarlNiclas
01-15-2004, 06:26 AM
I was just playing online at $2-4 Party and was getting ready to quit. As my last hand I got dealt K /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif in UTG - an easy fold at that table, or perhaps at any table. But I pushed the call button by mistake instead of folding. I was pretty pissed at myself for doing that...

UTG+1 (no proper reads, but ok play as far as I had seen so far) raised and was called by about five-six others, including the blinds. This was the first hand in ages that had lots of people seeing the flop, so I called the raise as well, knowing I closed the action. Perhaps I should have folded, but I was probably half tilting from my stupid mistake just seconds before.

low /images/graemlins/diamond.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif ... /images/graemlins/cool.gif

I checked, UTG+1 bet and was called by a couple of people plus me.

Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif[3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif]

Nut flush with a gut shot royal draw! I checked, UTG+1 bet, guy behind him raised, all folded to me. I re-raised and was called by both the others.

The River was a rag. I bet, and was called by the others. After I showed my flush, UTG+1 showed QQ for the turned set, and the third guy shows KJ for the turned gut shot straight. (He had the J /images/graemlins/heart.gif btw ) I think they both were pretty annoyed with my play... I did wonder if I should have called the Turn and checked the River hoping for yet more raises by the others, but I think I did the right thing. Anyway, I really wasn't in the right mindset playing this hand at all from the beginning, so all in all, I think I did pretty well.

Sometimes Lady Luck just smiles at you even though you do stupid things!