PDA

View Full Version : A few hands from tonight

toby
01-15-2004, 03:47 AM
******* HAND 1***********

Party Poker 0.50/1 (10 handed)
Hero has A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif and is MP2

UTG limps, EP2 limps, MP1 limps, Hero limps, MP3 limps, Button folds, SB limps, BB checks

Flop(7 SB): 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, BB checks, UTG bets, EP2 calls, MP1 calls, Hero raises, MP3 folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, EP2 calls, MP1 calls

Turn(11 BB): A/images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG bets, EP2 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls

River(15 BB): A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG checks, EP2 bets, MP1 folds, Hero calls, UTG folds
Results in white: <font color="white"> trip Aces are good, I win. </font>

Limped because of 3 limpers in front, and someone had just posted behind me. Raised nut flush draw on flop. Ace on turn not that great as my kicker is nonexistant. Should I have raised the river?

******* HAND 2 *********
AKs in LP, I raise. 4 see the flop - all rags, but I bet at it. Turn is a J, checked to me, I bet and the SB checkraises and I folded.

What do you do with only overcards to a flop? (No flush draw either) Check fold; bet, fold if raised?

***** HAND 3 ******
Party Poker 0.50/1 (9 handed)
Hero has T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif and is SB

MP1 limps, MP3 limps, CO limps, Button folds, Hero limps, BB raises, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls

Flop(10 SB): 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero checks, BB bets, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls

Turn(12 BB): 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero checks, BB bets, MP3 raises, CO calls, Hero folds

Not entirely sure how I did on this hand. I figured OESD was worth one SB at the flop, but not calling 2 BB cold at the turn. Also 2 of my outs completed the flush. Comments?

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
01-15-2004, 04:07 AM
Hand 3: If my math is correct, you're getting 10:2 on your turn coldcall. Given the action, I'm not too afraid of the flush draw, but there's a slim chance the BB is sitting on Aces full. Then again, he may also have AK/AQ. It's close, but I think worth a call here.

Festus22
01-15-2004, 10:37 AM
Hand 1: Raise the river. It's unlikely UTG has a flopped set that became a boat since he only called your flop raise.

Hand 2: Flop bet is OK. Check the turn and take your free card. Fold was OK given the way the play went.

Hand 3: I count roughly 7:1 by the time it's to you on the turn. Call and hope BB doesn't 3-bet.

Lost Wages
01-15-2004, 12:01 PM
Hand 1)
I could go either way on the flop. Raising and just calling both have merit. Raise the turn with top pair + nut flush draw getting 3 callers. You only have to be ahead 25% of the time for it to be a value raise plus you have solid outs.

Hand 2)
3 opponents is borderline between betting the flop and taking the free card. You don't say how many called your bet but if it was 2 or 3 you should take the free card on the turn. With just 1 caller bet again.

Hand 3)
With a rainbow board I would checkraise the flop for value since you have three callers. On the 2 tone board, check-calling is fine. On the turn I think that you have enough of an overlay to call 2 cold. If BB reraises then you might be drawing dead to aces full.

Lost Wages

Trix
01-15-2004, 12:42 PM
Hand1: Bet turn, Getting 3:1 is fine, asuming u win If u hit a spade or a 3. U might also be ahead and betting will make the river decision easier.
River: if u had bet turn and its checked to you on the river, go ahead and bet again.
2: Take the free turn card. when checkraised, dont u have the odds to call the raise?.
3: Call the Turn.

ProfLupin
01-15-2004, 01:20 PM
Hand 3:
Does anyone else think he should fold preflop after the BB raises? Not only is a BB raise a huge hand (since checking is a free flop) but Hero is out of position with a weak hand. I call here if the JT is suited, but not w/ JTo.

In fact, I've been thinking recently that I have been playing the SB too loose in general and would consider folding this anyways.

PokerNoob
01-15-2004, 02:25 PM
I wouldn't fold JT for half a bet, in fact I play it for a whole bet in late middle to late position with limpers in front. If BB has a huge hand the flop could hit them both. He could have a four outer to the nuts with a lot of money already in the pot.