PDA

View Full Version : What I've started doing to the any acers.

slavic
01-15-2004, 12:57 AM
All right I know clarkmeister, Dynasty and probably a host of other will complain about the pre-flop play. A bunch of others will complain about my flop play, and the turn play I'm sure a few might complain about. Plus my River play may be sub par.

For what it's worth our button loves them aces. 3 to 4 seeing the flop raised about half the time. Decently aggressive post flop mainly because of yours truelly.

Party Poker 3/6 (10 handed)
slavic has A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif and is BB

EP2 limps, MP1 limps, MP2 limps, Button limps, SB folds, slavic checks

Flop(5 1/3 SB): 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif

slavic checks, EP2 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Button bets, slavic raises, EP2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Button calls

Turn(5 2/3 BB): 8/images/graemlins/club.gif

slavic bets, MP2 folds, Button calls

River(7 2/3 BB): 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

slavic checks, Button bets, slavic raises, Button calls

Homer
01-15-2004, 01:03 AM
Seems fine.

-- Homer

jrobb83
01-15-2004, 01:14 AM
I love that river play against that type of opponent. You've been telling him you have at least top-pair, good kicker ever since the flop, but then check it to him when a total blank hits the river.

I can just imagine the momentary confusion followed by the instinctive click of the bet button with his A3o. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

slavic
01-15-2004, 01:16 AM

Barry
01-15-2004, 01:18 AM
I think that you played it fine. The checkraise on the river would be player dependent. If I thought that there was a good chance of getting a weak A to bet the river then I would go for it.

Mike Gallo
01-15-2004, 01:26 AM
Slavic,

Nice. You checkraised the flop and the river.

Make they pay /images/graemlins/mad.gif

hutz
01-15-2004, 01:44 AM
I like it.

anatta
01-15-2004, 01:56 AM
I like /images/graemlins/grin.gif. I do this a lot with AQ in the blinds. My favorite is three-betting the flop, then I check the turn. Just drawing here...hehe...then I bust out Viniteri on his weakass Gary Anderson.

bernie
01-15-2004, 01:57 AM
you played it as well as i played my kings that time.

except you dragged the pot. /images/graemlins/blush.gif (the guy with 9s)

hahaha

nice play

b

slavic
01-15-2004, 02:17 AM
The 10/20 has been like that all week. I see the most gauwd awfull play but I haven't been able to catch a hand lately. I haven't seen a pair of bullets since last friday that's about 40 hours of live play. Net/Net I'm back to freakin even. Oh well thursday, friday, sat, and sunday should be sporting.

slavic
01-15-2004, 02:25 AM
As "The Live one" (tm) was calling. I was about to assign the "Perfectly played hand by slavic."(c) tag.

Oddly the pot went the other way. It seems that the blank matched "el-Kicker" (GPL) of "The Live one" (tm)

Oh well. Perhaps he wasn't that live after all. I'm struck that if I had played it to an abc perscription I likely take down an easy pot. Of course I don't create as many chances for people to make mistakes either.

HajiShirazu
01-15-2004, 02:31 AM
As I read this post I was thinking, "I might try that but I figure the only time I ever pull it off, the guy ended up making two pair on the river and I just lose another bet."