PDA

View Full Version : Raising with Middle Pairs?

CCass
01-14-2004, 11:42 PM
I play mostly $.50/$1 NLHE on Stars. Most of the time the games are loose/passive. I have not been raising with pocket 9's or T's very often (my standard raise is 3 or 4 times the BB), because a raise doesn't seem to get many players to fold, and the flop almost always includes over-cards. Regardless of position, I usually call with these hands.

My PokerTracker stats show that when I see the flop, I am winning 64% of the time with TT and 29% of the time with 99. Also I am making 2.39 big bets per hand with TT and (2.71) with 99.

Should I be playing these hands differently?

1800GAMBLER
01-15-2004, 03:05 AM
Hey.

Firstly i don't know if you can export pokertracker stats but if you can would you please PM me with how much each hand is making/losing in each position if you have a big sample size.

The reason for this is i've never saw anyones NL Pokertracker stats (i play at prima so i can't use it) and think it could be good to analyse the game more.

As for the pairs another way (becoming common) is to raise 2 - 3 limpers in LP trying for one caller and take the pot down 2/3 of the time when he misses. However if your game is so loose that raising will get too many coldcallers just play the same.

CCass
01-15-2004, 11:46 AM
Jay,

I don't have a huge sample size in PTracker (about 2,000 hands), but I will try to export the data and send it to you.