PDA

View Full Version : Party Poker BB hand

sattre
01-14-2004, 09:20 PM
I'm in BB with J9c. Two calling station limpers and SB. Flop is Qc 9d 3d. SB bets, but he's been betting flops all the time. I call, everyone else folds. Turn is 3h. He bets. He seemed to go awfually far with his hands, so I raise, he calls. River is a blank 6. He checks, I check, I lose. What should I have done?

sattre
01-15-2004, 02:03 AM
nothing? did it ok?

crockpot
01-15-2004, 03:09 AM
if SB is betting a lot of hands, raising the flop is a much better move than calling. if you do have the best hand, you want to protect it. if it isn't, you want to find out now, rather than calling until the end.

if you felt your hand was good most of the time (which you should because you raised the turn), you should have bet the river.

sattre
01-15-2004, 03:45 AM
To let you know what my rationale was. I called the flop believing I had better hand than the SB. I didn't want to raise, because I was 2nd to act, and there were 2 or 3 people behind me. Perhaps this was a mistake, but this play I think really relies on game texture. I raised the turn thinking I had the best hand, but I don't know what would warrant a call with a board pair of threes and a check-raise on the turn if it wasn't better than what I had. So betting the river didn't seem to make much sense.