PDA

View Full Version : Sweet 16

bdk3clash
01-14-2004, 09:01 PM
Table is loose and passive. (Check out the preflop action!)

The real meat of this hand is on the turn. Well, the river is interesting... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway, no real read on MP3 (turn 3-bettor), other than playing way too many hands.

My comments are presented throughout for your amusement/mockery.

Party Poker 1/2 (10 handed)
bdk3clash has 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and is Button

EP1 limps, EP2 limps, MP1 limps, MP3 limps, CO limps, bdk3clash limps, SB limps, BB checks

Preflop, we were approaching "value raise your 4s" territory, but I decided to check. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Flop(8 SB): 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, BB checks, EP1 checks, EP2 checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, bdk3clash bets, SB folds, BB folds, EP1 calls, EP2 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls

Nothing too interesting here. Obviously, I would bet/raise until the cows come home.

Turn(7 BB): Q/images/graemlins/club.gif

EP1 checks, EP2 bets, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, bdk3clash raises, EP1 folds, EP2 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 3-bets, bdk3clash calls, EP2 calls, MP1 calls

OK, here's where the action is. I can either call or raise. If I'm 3-bet, at least I get some clue as to how to proceed on the river.

I wasn't surprised I got 3-bet, though I was surprised that it came from MP3. Smelled like the nut flush, which makes EP2 and MP1's play all the more puzzling.

River(19 BB): 4/images/graemlins/club.gif

EP2 checks, MP1 checks, MP3 bets, bdk3clash raises, EP2 folds, MP1 folds, MP3 calls

[b]A decent card for me. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MP3's hand below in white.

<font color="white">Unsurprisingly, MP3 had AcTc for the nut flush on the turn.</font>

Trix
01-14-2004, 09:42 PM
well played in my oppinion...this is actually a value bet if CO or EP1 coldcalls, asuming the others who already have called 1 also will call. Else 3:1 on a 3.6:1 Draw and saving u the river call...nice /images/graemlins/grin.gif

bdk3clash
01-14-2004, 09:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...saving u the river call...

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think I'm folding on the river if I don't hit? The pot is ginormous--I'm calling.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
01-15-2004, 12:01 AM
Played fine. I agree that even if you don't fill up on the river, I think you have to call a bet on the end because of the size of the pot. I also prefer limping over the value raise PF, but that's because I prefer to minimize my variance with small PP's.