PDA

View Full Version : Flop Percentages

08-21-2002, 01:49 PM
I play a lot of LL HE @ Paradise and they have these stats now like % of flops seen. I haven't read in any of the poker books I have just exactly would be a good flop %. What's the "perfect" flop %?

I realize how a table is playing, tight/loose/passive/aggressive, etc, is a factor in how many flops you'll see in a given session, but is there a general rule. Checking my last 300 or so games on PP I'm running in the high 20s, low 30s for most sessions. I think that means I'm still playing too loose, but I'm not sure what a "good" percentage would really be.

Ed

08-21-2002, 03:34 PM
In one of Sklansky's book's i believe the % is around 15% of hands you should play. You can add more as you get better in skill and can play more hands from different positions.

08-21-2002, 03:56 PM
The Paradise stats aren't as good as running it through PokerStat. Paradise is counting ALL hands, including limping in from the BB. So between limping in from the BB and completing the SB, that jacks up your percentage probably 10% right there.

For LL @ Paradise, I think your range is good. Also pay attention to % of showdowns won - if it's low, you're playing a lot of second best hands.

The biggest problem with the Paradise stats is that they are only for the current session, which is never a statistically significant sample. About the only thing that I really use it for is keeping track of how many hands I've played so I know when to grab hand histories.

HTH

Avidguru

08-21-2002, 09:11 PM
I am at 20% in 2-4 after 4800 hands

17% after 14000+ hands at 3-6 and 5-10, evenly split between them. I am shoved off of my big blind more in the larger games.

A9s