PDA

View Full Version : KK - your move on the Turn

Brian
01-14-2004, 05:49 PM
I am new to the table, so no reads, although I have played with LP before. LP is a fairly solid player, not maniacal at all, although a bit of a loose limper. I am dealt K /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif on the Button. UTG limps, EP limps, MP raises, LP re-raises, I cap it. SB, BB and UTG fold, EP calls, as do MP and LP. 4 to the Flop for 18sb.

Flop: J /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

All check to me and I bet, EP raises, MP re-reraises, and I call. EP calls. 3 to the Turn for 27sb (13.5bb).

Turn: 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

EP checks, MP checks. Your move?

-Brian

scotnt73
01-14-2004, 05:51 PM
BET! your prob against AK and/or flush draws make em pay!

JohnShaft
01-15-2004, 12:55 AM
Brian, Brian, Brian.
You have to bet that Turn. Fold to a Raise if you want, but don't be giving a free card.

The Turn play is super suspicious, and they either know you're ahead (let's say they know they can't beat your AA - which means they can't beat your KK) or they are setting you up for a Checkraise, Right Here, Right Now.
The only way to find out is to bet.

Do you really want to give a free card here and see a Queen, or a Heart? I don't.

I bet here like all the time.

Hell I'd have well probably capped the Flop. As such you still only called and they're still too scared to bet.

You. Bet.

What happened? (I'm figuring there's an AJ out there - the first preflop raiser).
The other guy? Hmmm. I dunno, a wimpy QQ, or someone who knows you must have a big PP TT-AA to cap Preflop (all of which now beat him). He could also have the flush draw, say AK /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Homer
01-15-2004, 01:01 AM
I think you're in bet and fold to a raise territory. If you check behind on the turn, you're going to feel obligated to call one on the river, so you might as well put that bet in here and charge your opponents if they're behind. I also would have capped the flop -- I think it makes the rest of the hand much easier to play.

-- Homer

Barry
01-15-2004, 01:06 AM
Before we get to the turn, I think that you should have capped the flop. There is no real reason to think that you are behind here. There may be a flush draw and QQ out there. But having called the 3-bet on the flop, you must bet the turn when it is checked to you. The likelyhood that you are being set up for a checkraise after LP checks the turn is very small.