PDA

View Full Version : Overseen at the Bellagio 30/60

Franchise (TTT)
01-14-2004, 03:59 PM
30/60 hand at the Bellagio I saw.

Couple limpers, hero in LMP raises, couple cold calls and completes.

Hero has A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Five to the flop including both blinds. $300 pot

Flop comes A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB bets (one of those Lee Jones' prodigies playing mid limits... not a good player but talks the talk), MP calls (a tight aggressive good player), Hero raises, both call. Others fold.

Turn is the 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif $480 pot

Both check, Hero bets, BB raises, MP 3-bets... Who does what here? Hero 4-bets, BB caps, MP calls.

River is the 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif $1380 pot

BB bets, MP folds, Hero calls.

Comments?

(Edited to correct the turn card)

SheridanCat
01-14-2004, 04:06 PM
I'm obviously missing something here. I don't understand why Hero just called. BB probably has a set of 7s or similar and MP missed his flush draw.

There's no flush, no straight. The board isn't paired. Hero should be in a war at the end.

I gotta be missing something. Did Hero misread the board? Maybe saw another spade up?

(edit)Oops, there was a very unlikely straight before the edit of the turn card. Still, even with this new turn card, Hero should raise the river.(/edit)

Regards,

T

M2d
01-14-2004, 04:10 PM
can Hero not read the board? does he think that BB would cap the turn with 53 spades?

David Steele
01-14-2004, 04:11 PM
Raise the river, if he has 35spades thems the breaks.
D.

Franchise (TTT)
01-14-2004, 04:18 PM
Stupidly enough, I misreported the turn card as the 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif instead of the 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. This has been corrected.

turnipmonster
01-14-2004, 04:20 PM
I'm with the angry mob that says raise the river. this seems like a set over set situation. how can hero not raise the river here?

--turnipmonster

pudley4
01-14-2004, 04:24 PM
BB bets his OESD on the flop, since there are several callers between him and the preflop raiser. Then checkraises the turn when he hits the straight, hoping to make the rest of the field call 2 bets cold; he then caps the turn and bets the river.

Hero bet and raised at every opportunity, yet BB keeps betting into him. Either BB has something like 77 or 44 and is completely oblivious, or he's got the straight. My money is on the straight.

I see that the turn card was corrected before I read the post, but after the other responders read it. With the originally posted turn card, I'd agree with them and say set-over-set, so raise the river. Reading the corrected post, it's a straight for the BB

casper
01-14-2004, 04:25 PM
That eight changes things, if its a nine hero still has the nutz on the turn, with the eight he's behind to the 56 which was open ended on the flop. Against some players I won't stop raising but against a tight solid player I'm going to slow down and give him some credit.

Franchise (TTT)
01-14-2004, 04:32 PM
Sigh... maximum edit time expired.

This is what I get for writing the post and not looking it over.

The flop was A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Analyst
01-14-2004, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BB bets (one of those Lee Jones' prodigies playing mid limits... not a good player but talks the talk

[/ QUOTE ]

If BB had 65/images/graemlins/spade.gif, then looks like they were walking the walk, at least for this hand; every street seems OK.

mike l.
01-14-2004, 06:19 PM
i dont know, but i did win a $1500 pot with AA there yesterday in that game. that game is generally extremely good with all sorts of loose bad players. there was one spell where it was very nitty and bad though for about an hour in the middle of the day.

mikelow
01-14-2004, 07:28 PM