PDA

View Full Version : Blind steal against two 2+2ers.

rkiray
01-14-2004, 02:36 PM
UB 2/4. Strange table. 34% seeing flop which is about right, but across the table are a couple of LAPs. On my immediate left are 2+2ers Stan the Man and Arod.

I have K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif on the button

Folded to me, I raise, stan reraises, Arod calls 2, I call.

Flop : 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif
checked to me, I bet, Stan calls, arod makes a head first slide into the dugout (temporarily rending him unconscious).

Turn : J /images/graemlins/club.gif
check, I bet, Stan calls.

River : 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
check, I bet, stan folds.

Comments

BigEndian
01-14-2004, 02:47 PM
I think I would put him on KT with the T/images/graemlins/spade.gif. Without any resistance after the flop and knowing he's capable of folding the river, I think you were spot on.

If he played a smallish pair like this and folded it on the river, I think he misplayed it.

Since he's capable of folding, you might consider check-raising the flop.

- Jim

rkiray
01-14-2004, 02:51 PM
I almost didn't bet the river. But then I decided he might fold.

It is very difficult to check raise on the button.

Aces McGee
01-14-2004, 02:52 PM
I deleted my post because it doesn't make any sense.

McGee

BigEndian
01-14-2004, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It is very difficult to check raise on the button.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doh. Duh. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

- Jim

stantheman
01-14-2004, 02:59 PM
In my defense, right smack in the middle of this epic battle with rkiray I was "experiencing extensive internet delay" and got temporarily disconnected. I believe it happened just after rkiray's turn bet, and I was understandibly flustered /images/graemlins/smirk.gif.

Now, with the disclaimer out of the way...

I was playing A /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Looks like I should have shown down, but my thought process was that even a lowly deuce beats me. Normally I would CR the turn here and fold to a 3-bet (represent the slowplayed flush), but against rkiray I'm pretty sure this would prove futile.

Nothing beats folding the winning hand. Thanks for posting this rkiray, I would have been much better off not knowing /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

rkiray
01-14-2004, 03:06 PM
I wondered why you were so slow.

I warned you I was going to post and you said fine. NOw you know all my secrets.