PDA

View Full Version : Too weak?

harboral
01-14-2004, 01:40 PM
Typical Party $2/4 game, been reading the forum and not watching my players so no reads. 3 limpers to me and I limp with 3,3 . There is a raise from the button, both blinds call, I call - 2 limpers call. Flop is Q,9,3 two diamonds. Checked to me, I bet - 5 callers. Turn is 8 offsuit. Checked to me, I bet - 3 callers, SB checkraises, I call - 3 callers. River is an ace offsuit. SB bets, I call, button raises, SB calls so I raise - button and SB call. How many mistakes did I make here - results in a short while.

Mike Gallo
01-14-2004, 01:46 PM
How many mistakes did I make here

Other than not boating up on the river to beat his J 10?

I might not have reraised the river, unless I thought my opponent would have check raised the turn with less then trips. Someone has AQ and someone probably has J 10.

harboral
01-14-2004, 02:55 PM
I was able to drag this pot - SB shows 98s and button had AK suited. On the turn I incorrectly put the SB on a straight. When he just called the button raise I figured he did not have a straight and the button either was trying to steal or hit for Aces and Queens.

Analyst
01-14-2004, 04:21 PM
FWIW, I like the way you played it. The only question could be the turn - if you want to be REALLY aggressive, maybe you could re-raise? Probably not a good idea, but it's hard to put the SB exactly on JT; wouldn't he have bet the flop?

Once the river hits, it's clear the button has A-something big (no problem for you) and that SB does not have JT, so your raise is good.

MikeyObviously
01-14-2004, 04:29 PM
I feel a reraise on the turn is in order...look at the hands that can beat you: JT, QQ, 88, 99. he would of raised preflop with QQ so thats out...88 and 99 are a possibility...but its not very probable.

JT is the most probable cards he could be holding that can beat you...but you'll find out if he has that soon enough as he'll 4 bet you. So I call for a reraise, and if your 4 bet...your beat. but its not the end of the world...all your outs are clean.

i give him having two pair the highest probabilty by far. As far as hands that actually beat you, i give it a small chance of JT, followed by a slight chance of 88, then 99. and really no chance of QQ.