PDA

View Full Version : Hmm may have messed up on this one...

ScottTheFish
01-14-2004, 11:11 AM
I felt ok about it at the time, but after thinking about it, I'm not so sure...I dont have the hand history, so I'll summarize the hand. The action amy not be exact, but this is the gist of it:

I get 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif in LP, 4 limpers, I limp, SB raises, all call.

Flop: J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB bets, raise, couple of cold calls...I think hmm, open ended straight flush draw, millions of outs, let's raise. I've been ramming my strong draws vs. more than 2 opponents, is this ok, or better to draw as cheap as possible?

Ok at this point the betting goes crazy, the flop is capped 4 ways.

turn is a blank, capped by the time it gets to me. I call 4 cold(!)...Yikes, but I was getting 3:1 on the bet, not sure if I was crazy here or not.

river is another blank (DOH!!) SB bets, EP raises, folded to me, I fold. I folded the river in a giant pot, but I had NOTHING. J high. I couldn't see wasting 2 more BB. I was getting like 20:1, but I honestly don't think MHIG 1 in 20 times here.

I think that's the most BB I've lost on one hand, but would have been the biggest I've won had I hit. Maybe next time /images/graemlins/cool.gif

daveymck
01-14-2004, 11:22 AM
Fold on the river is fine you had nothing and at worst there is AA or KK out there maybe a JJ or 88 I cant beleive that everyone was drawing to the flush so there is probably trips or two pair out there.

On the turn with a straight and flush and a straight flush draw I guess you have to grit your teeth and go for it if you had the odds and the pot is so huge.

csuf_gambler
01-14-2004, 12:29 PM
fold this trash preflop

ScottTheFish
01-14-2004, 12:33 PM
9Ts in LP after 4 limpers is trash? Anything I've ever read about LLHE would say this is an automatic limp.

I'd play it in that situation 100% of the time, but I'm willing to be conviced I'm wrong.

HajiShirazu
01-14-2004, 01:18 PM
You'd be crazy to fold this preflop in this situation. Good hand, LP, heck, you might even want to raise sometimes.
Definately cap the flop as you are the likely favorite at this point, although, you might be up against a bigger flush draw or a set in this hand.
Definately call the cap on the turn and fold the river. I think if you played this hand 100 million times, your hand wouldn't be good even once. I probably wouldn't call even if I caught a 9 or 10 on the river because the action indicates that those hands are beaten pretty badly as well. Yes, folding in big pots is bad, but a bet is still a bet.

harboral
01-14-2004, 01:20 PM
I don't understand this response - I personally take the flop and get trapped just as you did. I like the position, and you have a reasonable hand. When the flop comes you have the best drawing hand there is IMHO. Sorry you didn't get a win, I would guess you were up against a set and the nut flush draw.

smd
01-14-2004, 01:27 PM
Why do you consider this trash? I could maybe see this comment valid if he is UTG, but he is LP after 4 limpers.

csuf_gambler
01-14-2004, 01:36 PM
sorry guys, i misread the hand. for somereason i thought that 9 was a 6. been up too long.

Festus22
01-14-2004, 01:40 PM
Routine limp PF. In fact you may even raise this after 4 limpers on occasion.

Flop play seems OK since it seems like everyone will pay 3 and you obviously have a monster draw.

The turn call is the real question here. For it to be CAPPED by the time it gets to you, there are obviously some big hands or big draws lurking. To call 4 BB's cold, you have to be pretty darn sure your hand is good if you hit it to make this call and I think too many of your outs are tainted. I'd fold here.

ScottTheFish
01-14-2004, 01:48 PM
Festus, yeah I thought some of my outs were probably bad, but now that I think about it, this pot is so big I almost have the odds to draw to only my 2 SF outs, which would be the nuts. (Maybe not, bit it sounds good /images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

Of course I wasn't even calculating any odds after the flop in the heat of battle...I was seeing the river no matter what /images/graemlins/tongue.gif