PDA

View Full Version : Wave the white flag?

Kurn, son of Mogh
01-14-2004, 09:16 AM
Waiting to head to work this morning. Party 2/4. I get 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the SB.

Folded to MP who raises, folded to me, I 3-bet, MP calls. Heads-up 7 sb.

Flop: 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet, MP raises, I 3-bet, MP calls. (6 bb accounting for rake)

Turn: 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet, he calls.

River: A /images/graemlins/club.gif

Couldn't be uglier. His failure to cap preflop & on the flop plus his turn call convinves me he does not have AA or KK, and likely not QQ. It's also inconceivable he has a T, so that leaves JJ, AK, AQ, AJ and maybe KQ. There are 8 bb in the pot and I'm behind about 3/4 of the time if KQ's anything but a pipe dream. If he has an A, he's not folding.

OK, If I toss out KQ and a bet will make JJ fold, pot odds are correct.

I bet, He calls.

Results later.

Joe Tall
01-14-2004, 09:25 AM
Strangely, I'd play it the same. The river card is either the best of worse hand you've ever seen and I think you beat 77.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Mike Gallo
01-14-2004, 09:26 AM
Kurn,

He could have a hand like A 10 suited, although he most likely would have raised the river.

In your spot, I like the river bet. You give someone who had the better hand a chance to fold.

Kurn, son of Mogh
01-14-2004, 09:33 AM
No pleasant surprise here. He shows A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and takes it down.

Ironically, by jamming the flop, I made the pot big enough that he was correct to call the turn bet with overcards.