PDA

View Full Version : Two AQ hand against HomerJ

MaxPower
01-14-2004, 12:59 AM
In both these hands, I was the Button and HomerJSimpson was the SB. Nothing remarkable about these, just looking to refine my post-flop play.

Hand 1

Party Poker 0.50/1 (9 handed)
MaxPower has Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif and is Button

MaxPower raises, SB 3-bets, BB folds, MaxPower caps, SB calls

Flop(9 SB): K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, MaxPower bets, SB calls

Turn(10 BB): A/images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, MaxPower bets, SB folds

Hand 2

Party Poker 0.50/1 (6 handed)
MaxPower has Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and is CO

MaxPower raises, Button 3-bets, SB folds, BB folds, MaxPower calls

Flop(8 SB): 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif

MaxPower checks, Button bets, MaxPower raises, Button 3-bets, MaxPower calls

Turn(10 BB): 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif

MaxPower bets, Button folds

CrackerZack
01-14-2004, 01:07 AM
I don't like the cap in the first hand. While he can have much less to defend a steal raise I'm a much bigger fan of raising the flop with anything. I think you got lucky on the turn. not to matter. hand 2 good.

The real question that has been bothering me is.... was gil nuts enough to 3-bet PF with AT 7 or did he have TT 7 and rivered me? I gotta think he rivered me. Ugh. 3 months and counting.

MaxPower
01-14-2004, 01:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the cap in the first hand. While he can have much less to defend a steal raise I'm a much bigger fan of raising the flop with anything. I think you got lucky on the turn. not to matter. hand 2 good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually think hand 1 was played after hand 2. On that one I decided to cap-it in order to take the intiative after the flop.

[ QUOTE ]

The real question that has been bothering me is.... was gil nuts enough to 3-bet PF with AT 7 or did he have TT 7 and rivered me? I gotta think he rivered me. Ugh. 3 months and counting.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. I think Gil plays a very straightforward calling station strategy but occasionaly decides to set up a bluff by raising with junk ala Mikey and 37offsuit.

For those who don't know, The BOSS and I play in a home game every Monday against mostly clueless players. What I find hilarious is that The BOSS can beat 30 2+2ers on Sunday night and then get killed by a table of loose-passives on Monday night. That's what makes poker a great game.

Homer
01-14-2004, 01:31 AM
I think you played both hands fine. I'm also interested in hearing about how I played these hands.

Hand 1 - I had KQo. After you capped preflop and I flopped top-pair, I planned to check-call to showdown. When the Ace came on the turn, I felt that 6:1 was not enough to call, as on average I would have less than 6-7 outs.

Hand 2 - I had TTo. Your flop check-raise didn't fully convince me that I was behind, so I decided to three-bet, planning to fold to a cap or bet the turn and check behind on the river if you just called. After you called my three-bet and lead the turn, I believed that I was drawing to two outs close to 100% of the time.

-- Homer

CrackerZack
01-14-2004, 01:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What I find hilarious is that The BOSS can beat 30 2+2ers on Sunday night and then get killed by a table of loose-passives on Monday night. That's what makes poker a great game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last win there, Oct 27th. I'm baffled, confused, distraught and lost all at once. I still think he had TT 7. (stud, pocket Ts, upcard was definitely a 7)

CrackerZack
01-14-2004, 01:35 AM
hand 1 I don't like your plan. you 3-bet a steal raise and were capped at an aggressive table. There is a good shot you're still ahead PF. On the flop the chance you're ahead is really really big. I'd check-raise the flop and lead at any turn, including the A. If raised on the turn the decision sucks but I'd probably fold. Against myself I'd call down but I'm nuts.

Hand 2 good thought and planning. I like all moves. as usual, you da man.

biggambler
01-14-2004, 12:15 PM
The prefolp went to 3 bets. You have two high cards, two different high cards hit the flop. It's a good bet that the flop hit your oppeonent. How do you bet here???

MaxPower
01-14-2004, 12:32 PM
I can't win by checking. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

In hand one I actually capped pre-flop because I wanted the initiative after the flop. I raised from the Button. Homer's hand doesn't have to be that good for him to 3-bet me. After I cap, this board has to scare him more than me. I've represented a big hand before the flop and I have position on him.