PDA

View Full Version : Trouble hand from bb played weakly

icepoker
01-13-2004, 11:38 PM
10 Handed party poker 5/10

UTG and UTG+1 both call, overly aggressive (OA) raises from UTG+2. Folded to me in BB and I call with K/images/graemlins/heart.gifJ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. How bad? The other two call.

Flop comes A/images/graemlins/spade.gifT/images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Checked to OA who bets, I call and UTG calls.

Turn is A/images/graemlins/club.gif
Checked to OA who bets, I raise, UTG folds and now OA makes it three and I just call. Man I'm weak.

River is the 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
I check, call fearing a full house. Immediately afterwards I felt that I should have capped the turn and then bet out on the river (i.e. when the board doesn't pair) and call a raise. Agree? How about the preflop call from bb, trouble hand out of position?

All comments appreciated.

onegymrat
01-14-2004, 12:52 AM
Hi Ice,

Calling the pf raise is okay, if you are confident that you can let go of the hand later without hesitation. The perception of your opponents is important. If unknown, I would surely put in another sb.

Being that the flop was so raiser-friendly, I would bet out and expect to three-bet any raises. Pump the pot now, any king or jack on the turn can lose your victims. Of course, by choosing to be the aggressor, the course of the betting would be a much different.

Being that you chose to check-raise, not four-betting the turn is fine. Although I would lead out on the river if a rag came, and call if raised.