PDA

View Full Version : Ugh, gimme some action!

AviD
01-13-2004, 09:20 PM
What could I have done with this...tried slowplaying...caught no action...river had to bet...no action.

Party Poker 0.50/1 (10 handed)
AviD has A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif and is BB

UTG limps, EP1 limps, MP2(poster) checks, MP3 limps, Button folds, SB limps, AviD raises, UTG calls, EP1 calls, MP2(poster) calls, MP3 calls, SB folds

Flop(11 SB): A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

AviD checks, UTG checks, EP1 checks, MP2 bets, MP3 calls, AviD calls, UTG folds, EP1 folds

Turn(12 BB): 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif

AviD checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks

River(12 BB): 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

AviD bets, MP2 folds, MP3 folds

bisonbison
01-13-2004, 09:25 PM
The deck is dead and there's 2 6 7 on the board. There's nothing else you could do. If you want action for flopped quad aces, someone's gonna have to get bluffy.

bdk3clash
01-13-2004, 09:39 PM
The flop slow play is good (standard?), though I also think betting out is good. Small bets count, too /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm betting that turn, by the way, and hoping someone goes into calldown mode, or gets frisky.

Others will surely disagree, but given that you checked the turn, I would check the river and hope someone takes a stab at it.

I guess you risk getting the river checked around, but I'm guessing you'd only pick up 1 bet on the river anyway, if that, and 1, 2, or 3 if you manage to check-raise.

If only this "dilemma" was more common!

AviD
01-13-2004, 09:41 PM
LOL yeah...like mentioned in the other post...poor board.

I was on a good run at the table, so I'm sure they all thought I had an A. (even if I didnt)

Wish I had to deal with quads all the time...tough hand to play! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

bernie
01-13-2004, 10:48 PM
you collected 4BBs preflop. that's action. plus another BB on the flop for 5. little greedy?

you probably got as much as possible. what do you think the bettor's thinking you're chasing with on the flop with no draws? if he doesnt have an A, he's done betting. he'd need a high pair to call this.

depending on the players, a call on this flop is usually a red flag. with a lesser quad/trips, youll usually get more action. but aces tend to freeze the table a bit.

b

el_grande
01-13-2004, 11:00 PM
Typical crippled deck hand. /images/graemlins/cool.gif