PDA

View Full Version : AK Running bad

WalleyeJason
01-13-2004, 06:46 PM
Ok having a bad week this week, Seems like I either make a bad play or get sucked out on.

Party NL$100 Game is typical, Some loose/aggressive and loose/Passive types. About 3-4 see every flop and lots of calling of pre flop raises...

I have AK in MP its folded to me and I make it $8 to go...I get 3 callers behind.

Flop Jc 8s Js

Im first to act? What do I do?

The players left in the hand all seem to play better than the avreage fish, but the will call raises with Ax off and the like.

Ohh, put me out of my misery!!!

WJ

gavrilo
01-13-2004, 07:45 PM
3 callers
I usually check/fold out of position here first to act

Ulysses
01-13-2004, 08:21 PM
Being out of position here sucks. $34 or so in the pot. I'd either bet $25 or so if I think there's a reasonable chance they'll all fold, otherwise I'll check here and fold to any reasonable bet. It's fine to just give up w/ unimproved AK in worst position when three people call you and the board is ugly and you don't have any of it.

If hands like AQ and 55 will call that flop bet, I'm just going to give up here.

1800GAMBLER
01-13-2004, 08:43 PM
3 callers sucks for bluffing but the paired board is sweet for bluffing. But i'm more likely to check here.

ThaSaltCracka
01-13-2004, 08:52 PM
The fact that 3 people called an 8 dollar pre flop raise is a bad sign, one of them has to have at least a pocket pair. There is also the possibility AJs,KJs, Qjs. The flop is terrible I think for a bluff, simply because the preflop raise would seem to signify a pocket pair for yourself, or else AK, so no player could reasonably think you tripped up. I think someone tripped up and any bet into this pot would be giving money away.