PDA

View Full Version : Everyone's favorite hand from the BB

bdk3clash
01-13-2004, 06:21 PM
Thoughts on each street?

Party Poker 1/2 (10 handed)
bdk3clash has 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif and is BB

UTG limps, EP2 limps, Button folds, SB folds, bdk3clash checks

Flop(4 SB): 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

bdk3clash bets, UTG calls, EP2 calls

Turn(3 BB): 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif

bdk3clash bets, UTG calls, EP2 folds

River(5 BB): 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif

bdk3clash checks, UTG checks

Should I have bet the river? If UTG raises, do I call?

If UTG bets the river after I check, do I call?

Lost Wages
01-13-2004, 06:33 PM
I can't see any value in betting the river unless he has pocket ones. No wait, that would be aces, check the river and hope to induce a bluff if he was drawing to overcards.

Lost Wages

Trix
01-13-2004, 06:39 PM
What pockets? all pockets beats him. Either make straight,Sets or overpairs.
Bet if u think he will call more than he bets.
If he thinks u have been betting overcards all the way, he might call with an ace or king imo, especially at this limit.

Trix
01-13-2004, 06:41 PM
Fold to a raise if he isnt the bluff loving kind of guy.

Brian
01-13-2004, 07:49 PM
Hi Lost Wages,

If there's one thing I've learned at LL Hold'em, it's to value bet the River and then think about it later. As Clarkmeister once said, and I'm paraphrasing because I can't find the exact quote, "The idea of not value betting the River because a worse hand can't call is a great theory. But that's all it is. Because in practice, many people can, and do, call with hands on the River that they have no business calling with."

-Brian

HajiShirazu
01-13-2004, 08:34 PM
I'm all for value betting the river, but, this one seems pretty thin. I would check-call, I guess. Looks like you might have took it down though. But I'm not sure if he calls if you bet.
Then again, I have seen people call down here with queen high.