PDA

View Full Version : Disasterous hand from Borgata trips past...

scrub
01-13-2004, 06:20 PM
Hey guys,

Ever notice how the only hand you can remember from a session is one you lost and didn't play very well?

Writing a paper this afternoon, this hand popped into my head. Borgata 6/12. Extremely LP table. I'm on the button. Player in the CO is my a friend, just learning how to play limit. Probably thinks too highly of my game, and is maybe a little too likely to fold if I bet into him.

I've got K /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Limped to me with maybe one fold. I don't remember if I raised. I hope I did, but the rest of the action on the hand doesn't make sense that way, so I think I checked.

Flop is A /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif10 /images/graemlins/club.gif.

Checked to my friend in the CO. He bets. He makes some "steal bet" remark. I'm not sure if that means he likes his hand or not, but I don't see a lot of utility to raising here... I call, maybe one other player calls.

Turn is A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Not my favorite card. Checked to CO. CO bets. I raise. He 3 bets. He's new enough to limit that I have no idea if the 3 bet indicates autoboat or trips/draw.

I think about it and decide he's probably got me beat.

Call, river is NOT 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Call.

He flips over 1010.

I think I should have lost a lot more if I'd played it right. Thoughts?

scrub

bunky9590
01-13-2004, 06:31 PM
I would have lost WAY MORE!!! But you know me.....I'd get it back before the night was done.

Would have been capped flop, probably 2-4 bets on turn and 1 bet on river. And I would have said.... nice hand.

BottlesOf
01-13-2004, 06:32 PM

scrub
01-13-2004, 09:23 PM
Yeah--I wanted a chance to raise him on the turn. I was fairly concerned that he would fold for a sb or a sb + bb on if I raised him on the flop.

Then when he 3 bet I was pretty sure I was toast. It's the player profile that slowed me down, not the board.

thanks!

-scrub

CrackerZack
01-14-2004, 01:10 AM
I don't hate the way you played it. I probably would've raised somewhere, but if I didn't, I wouldn't lose sleep.