PDA

View Full Version : Easy preflop 3-bet?

bdk3clash
01-13-2004, 06:17 PM
I guess the rest of the hand was pretty automatic. Given my aggression preflop and on the flop, I didn't think a check-raise would have worked on the turn or river.

Party Poker 1/2 (10 handed)
bdk3clash has A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif and is SB

EP1 folds, CO raises, Button calls, bdk3clash 3-bets, UTG folds, CO calls, Button calls

Flop(10 SB): Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif

bdk3clash bets, CO folds, Button calls

Turn(6 BB): A/images/graemlins/spade.gif

[I thought about checking here to induce a bluff from this "scare card" or a bet from an actual A, but opted against it.)

bdk3clash bets, Button calls

River(8 BB): 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif

bdk3clash bets, Button calls

Results below in white:

<font color="white">Unsurprisingly, my hand was good. My opponent had AK. Maybe a check-raise on the turn would have worked. I'm moderately surprised he didn't raise the turn when I bet. If I was him, I would have.</font>

Brian
01-13-2004, 07:55 PM
Hi bdk,

You need to start supplying reads with your posts. Whether or not to 3-bet pre-Flop depends entirely on your read on the CO. He is in late position, which means that his range of raising hands could be higher, but a lot of players, low limit ones especially, do not take into account their position when making plays. In other words, he could be the type who would only raise AA-QQ, and AK from this position, in which case you are better off folding.

If you're ever going to go for a check-raise on the Turn, this is the time to do it. You aren't worried about giving free cards, you are heads-up, and the board is very coordinated. It also depends on how passive or aggressive the Button is.

-Brian

bunky9590
01-13-2004, 08:11 PM
yeah , I like the three bet. Its only three handed anyway and you definitely take the lead.

Yeah, the hand did play itself from there.

Forget the check raise. Keep betting the hand.